“Bed bugs.... STAY AWAY!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4000 SW 40th Boulevard, I-75 at Exit #75, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #33 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
“Bed bugs.... STAY AWAY!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Yeah, bed bugs in three rooms. We were staying here not by choice. It was the weekend of the beginning of school, so they were our only choice. The rooms were not great, but that's part of the price. But I'm paying to sleep safe in a clean room. And then I got bitten by bed bugs. I found one and captured it in a cup. I kindly delivered it to the front office manager, and told him that I think he left "this" in our room. He offered 10% off and I offered to call the health department. He comp'ed three nights. That's the only way this made up for that... Have you ever been bitten by bed bugs? No? Well. That .. sucks, for two weeks.....

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have stayed at many Motel 6s across the country and even this one in Gainesville has gone downhill since I started going there in August of 2006. There IS always bugs in the room, MANY fleas in the bed, a few microwaves and refrigerators (need them in EVERY room), DRUNKS in the parking lot talking loud and disrupting any peace you'd hope to find, lumpy mattresses, FILTHY carpets, DIRTY bathrooms, UGLY, outdated, NASTY bedspreads, blankets, pillows and mattress covers....if you can call them that.....flat...not the fitted kind, no covers on the pillows and I even had one pillow case that did NOT fit the pillow! What's up with that??????? This motel NEEDS to be completely done over. It's outdated, old and dirty. I stay there because they are pet friendly, but, feel the carpets need to be removed and replaced with wood or tile to make it easier to clean the floors because (in my experience) people do NOT give a crap about others' property and will allow their nasty animals to "rule the roost"!!!!!!!!!! BUT........they do that with their kids, so, why would they be any different with their pets???? I ALWAYS clean the room when I get there, put MY towels on the floors so me nor my pets will NOT get anyone else's "toe jam", etc. I am going back soon and I am bringing my own linens, rug shampooer and vaccum. Why do I bother? Pet friendly.....that's the ONLY reason! If you don't have pets, don't stay here! (:

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you don't have pets!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel on our way home from a family visit. We chose it for easy access from the freeway. The room seemed to be newly painted and/or renovated. It was small, but clean and adequate for a one night stay. They had WiFi available for a small daily charge. I normally expect WiFi to be free, but considering the low cost of the room (about $45 total) we would have paid for it, if we'd been staying longer. Neither did they have breakfast, just coffee, but there were restaurants nearby. If you're looking for a clean place just to sleep and shower, this will do. I'd give it a 3.5.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here enroute to Florida on New Year's Eve kind of expecting it might not be that great...but ourfriends were staying here because it is a pet friendly motel.
It turned out to be fine. The front office staff were very accommodating . We changed rooms 3x because we wanted a room closer to the office and further from the dogs and there was no issue. The rooms are small but they were clean and maintained. The tv worked fine, the shower was great. It is close to dining and shopping. The other motel guests we came across were quiet seniors also traveling. Really what more do you need for an overnight stay along the way???

• Stayed December 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

This hotel was clean, but dated. It is the original Motel 6 design, two stories with all outside rooms access. The room was okay for the price (about $45.00). The room did show it's age, but it was a place for us to sleep and get back on the road. My wife and I thought the bed was rather hard.

If you are looking for a place to sleep at a good price, this is a good choice. If you are looking for more, find a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
not gainesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I didn't expect luxury when I stayed at this motel for an engineering test but I needed something cheap so I wouldn't have to drive for hours from my home the next morning.

This place is filthy, the comforters look decades old and smell like BO mixed with stale tobacco. I made the mistake of walking barefoot in the room for a few minutes only to find the soles of my feet were jet black. I was afraid to turn off the lights at night because I figured I would see the true face of the likely infestation that was plaguing the room. I searched for signs of bedbugs and didn't find any, so there is that at least.

I couldn't fall asleep with the constant banging and yelling of a bunch of drunken morons out in the parking lot for all hours of the night. This place is for low-lifes, hookers and the scum of the Earth. Stay the hell away from this place and put your money in for something decent.

At least the shower worked. Oh yeah the lobby staff were friendly, too bad that didn't make my room suck any less.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. I'm serious. Turn away for the love of God.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The decision to stay here was a spur of the moment. We were on our way home from a trip, and we stopped in Gainesville to eat. We had driven so far, that the meal made us sleepy, so we needed to get a room, to be safe. I did not want to pay much so we started popping in to different motels and checking prices. The surrounding motels started at 79/night. I did not want to pay much since literally we were only there to sleep. This place was 37.00. The beds were clean, the bathrooms, looked and smelled clean. The room was very small with 2 double beds. Thye beds were actually comfortable, just small. The place was well lit, making me feel more secure about parking there. The floor had stains. Yuk. I kept my socks on. So it served it's purpose, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida? Share your experiences!