“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida

You added Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4000 SW 40th Boulevard, I-75 at Exit #75, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

This hotel was clean, but dated. It is the original Motel 6 design, two stories with all outside rooms access. The room was okay for the price (about $45.00). The room did show it's age, but it was a place for us to sleep and get back on the road. My wife and I thought the bed was rather hard.

If you are looking for a place to sleep at a good price, this is a good choice. If you are looking for more, find a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
not gainesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I didn't expect luxury when I stayed at this motel for an engineering test but I needed something cheap so I wouldn't have to drive for hours from my home the next morning.

This place is filthy, the comforters look decades old and smell like BO mixed with stale tobacco. I made the mistake of walking barefoot in the room for a few minutes only to find the soles of my feet were jet black. I was afraid to turn off the lights at night because I figured I would see the true face of the likely infestation that was plaguing the room. I searched for signs of bedbugs and didn't find any, so there is that at least.

I couldn't fall asleep with the constant banging and yelling of a bunch of drunken morons out in the parking lot for all hours of the night. This place is for low-lifes, hookers and the scum of the Earth. Stay the hell away from this place and put your money in for something decent.

At least the shower worked. Oh yeah the lobby staff were friendly, too bad that didn't make my room suck any less.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. I'm serious. Turn away for the love of God.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The decision to stay here was a spur of the moment. We were on our way home from a trip, and we stopped in Gainesville to eat. We had driven so far, that the meal made us sleepy, so we needed to get a room, to be safe. I did not want to pay much so we started popping in to different motels and checking prices. The surrounding motels started at 79/night. I did not want to pay much since literally we were only there to sleep. This place was 37.00. The beds were clean, the bathrooms, looked and smelled clean. The room was very small with 2 double beds. Thye beds were actually comfortable, just small. The place was well lit, making me feel more secure about parking there. The floor had stains. Yuk. I kept my socks on. So it served it's purpose, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Seminole
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

All hotels in Gainesville up their prices for gameday weekends. Motel 6 is one of the best value for money, and you don't have to stay two nights. You can also walk over to the Ale House for food and beverages.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Central, Clean and Courteous. Located in an area convenient to shopping and entertainment. This motel provide a clean, welcoming accommodation for travelers who have a few hours to spare and would like to go to a movie and/or choose a nice restaurant to have a meal. Have always experienced a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Well as we arrived I looked at the rooms and I thought that I saw an episode of cops here (which probably happened) the rooms were disgusting I killed 5 cock roches in 1 hour but at least there's fun for the kids they can play in the rat infested pool or play with the hookers outside so on a scale from one to ten it was horrible don't stay here EVER!!!

• Stayed October 2010
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Our room was dirty, had bugs, cigarette burns on the comforter and a blanket that looked and felt like it was 20 years old. There were no pictures on the walls, no drawers and not even a toilet lid. I was awoken both mornings of our stay by the housekeeping staff who were yelling across the property. And when I arrived, I was told that they would not honor the rate that I had booked on-line. I had to speak to the manager the next morning to get the rate that I had booked.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple