“Best place in town for Gator games” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida to your Saves list
Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4000 SW 40th Boulevard, I-75 at Exit #75, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #33 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Seminole
“Best place in town for Gator games”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

All hotels in Gainesville up their prices for gameday weekends. Motel 6 is one of the best value for money, and you don't have to stay two nights. You can also walk over to the Ale House for food and beverages.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Central, Clean and Courteous. Located in an area convenient to shopping and entertainment. This motel provide a clean, welcoming accommodation for travelers who have a few hours to spare and would like to go to a movie and/or choose a nice restaurant to have a meal. Have always experienced a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

Well as we arrived I looked at the rooms and I thought that I saw an episode of cops here (which probably happened) the rooms were disgusting I killed 5 cock roches in 1 hour but at least there's fun for the kids they can play in the rat infested pool or play with the hookers outside so on a scale from one to ten it was horrible don't stay here EVER!!!

• Stayed October 2010
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Our room was dirty, had bugs, cigarette burns on the comforter and a blanket that looked and felt like it was 20 years old. There were no pictures on the walls, no drawers and not even a toilet lid. I was awoken both mornings of our stay by the housekeeping staff who were yelling across the property. And when I arrived, I was told that they would not honor the rate that I had booked on-line. I had to speak to the manager the next morning to get the rate that I had booked.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

It was freezing the night we stayed here. There was a heater in the room but it was very noisy so you had to choose between staying up all night from the noise of the heater or from the cold! Water in sink was either very cold or very hot. The shower seemed to be okay. There was some kind of insect or roach trap by the bed.

The gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and nice. The price was great as they were running some kind of special so only $39.

People checked in at 3 a.m. and made a lot of noise and kept waking us up.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

My family and I stayed in this motel for a few weeks, and the expierence was the worst we have ever had. It started off with us having no towels... and the ones we did get were dirty!!! The room was never cleaned... we finally pulled all the sheets off the bed to make sure the house keepers would change our sheets... they came in the room and put a comforter over the top of the pile of sheets without ever making the bed or changing the sheets to clean new ones. There were a lot of drunks that hung around the outside of our room that would scream and carry on until about 4:00 in the morning. Finally after about a week of this, we had enough and my boyfriend finally said something to the drunks about trying to keep it down, this caused them to start calling our room at all hours of the night cussing us out. Mind you we have a 4 year old daughter that is trying to get some sleep. At this point... now we are really pissed off!! So, my boyfriend goes down to the office to tell them about the issues we are having, the office staff were aware of the drunks... because these people live there most of the time. Nothing was done about it. We tried to stay one more night because money was tight.... until we saw the roach crawling up the wall..... we checked out and will NEVER go back!!! I would not recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
new jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

This ranks up there with one of the worst places I have ever stayed and I travel a lot. The room was supposed to be non-smoking but the smell of smoke was overpowering. When we pulled back the spread we found a cigarette butt laying on the blanket. We asked for a room change and were given the room next door (it was no better). The bathroom had 1 bath towel even though we were in a double room. This place was just terrible! It gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Gainesville - Univ. of Florida? Share your experiences!