“So much fun!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 463 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: "Premium wine, beer and bubbles bar".
“So much fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Got a "Get my Perks" card there over a year ago and have been several times. It is so much fun to try new wines in their self service machines. Food is limited but decent portions and no tipping!!! You gotta experience it :)

Visited April 2013

“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Half Cork'd is a great place for those of us that are new to the world of wines. I truely enjoyed trying a bunch of different wines from different regions. I felt very comfortable being able to just pick one of the many different ones and just trying an ounce. Once I found my favorite, I was able to buy a bottle to take home. AWESOME!!!

• Visited February 2013
“Excellent and Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I met some friends there for wine. Great atmosphere with the ability to talk with our friends without loud music. Great selections of various wines and champagnes. Really relaxing and comfortable as well as classy. We will be back for the liquor tastings and wine classes. I would highly recommend Half Cork'd to anyone and everyone.

lake City, Florida, USA
“Neat Place for Wine Enthusiast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Located right on a corner amid an assortment of other bars & restaurants and just a block down from the Hipp Theater. They have complimentary Valet parking til 11:30 and no they don't mind if you go elsewhere as long as you do pop-in with them at some point. The concept of this place is great. They have a couple dozen assorted wines "on tap". You purchase a card for $5, which is registered and never expires. You then put as much as you want on the card and you simply walk around, decide which wine you would like, insert the card into the dispenser and choose Taste( 1oz.) Half Glass( 3oz.) or Full Glass( 6oz. ). Prices vary greatly depending on the wines. I sampled many by using the Taste feature and they ranged anywhere from $1.45 to $15.00 but the majority at the lower end of that. They also have at least one dispenser I saw that had Bourbon, Vodka & Gin. They have a bar where you may order other types of wine and beer as well as a nice selection of "nibbles"; meat, cheese platters and some warm dip type foods. The staff is great. Friendly and knowledgeable, making you feel comfortable and welcome. If you are in any way a wine enthusiast, curious or just looking for a neat little place to take a few friends, i don't think you would go wrong with this place. P.S>. I myself am not that into wine, my wife is, but I greatly enjoyed this place.

• Visited October 2012
Gainesville, Florida
“Great addition to Gainesville!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I went over to Half Cork'd last night with another couple and we all were pleasantly surprised. The wind bar features a myriad of computerized machines that dispense a full glass, half glass, or taste of wine. You put money on your card and then simple place your card in the machine and select how much wine you want. This was great! The decor and seating in the wine bar is amazing and has very clean bathrooms. We will definitely be back!

• Visited August 2012