“Gator Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Gainesville

You added The Lodge at Gainesville to your Saves list
The Lodge at Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3726 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608-2349 (Formerly Cabot Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Niceville, Florida
“Gator Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stay at the lodge for every Florida Gators home football game and always have a positive experience. From Check in to Check out the staff makes you feel welcome and part of a special experience. Staying at the Lodge makes the weekend complete.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy that you enjoy your time with us at The Lodge. We appreciate your loyalty to us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am so glad that we are meeting your expectations. Again thanks for you comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Go Gators!!

Regards,
Teresa Roberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband, (GSU) son and I (Gators) stayed here for the gators VS GSU game over the weekend. We don't stay in hotels because I was raised in Gville, have lots of family in the area, and it's not necessary. THIS time was different. With the game being it was and my husband and I being on opposite teams, I knew where we had to go! We arrived after a long 10+hr trip just after 5pm Fri. eve. We were greeted with pleasant associates and plenty of orange and blue. The social hour had not started yet, but we enjoyed the complimentary drinks from the long drive. We were direct access to major restaurants and shopping (Mc'D's, Steaknshake, Target, Wal-Mart,The ale house) and just off I-75. !0 mns to the mall, 15-20 to the stadium. Very convenient. The room was large, large enough to accommodate a roll away. Breakfast the next morning was not "buffet" but a strong continental breakfast. Really rnjoyed our stay and have absolutely NO complaints about this hotel. The ladies at the bar were exceptional dealing w/ all us down and out Gator fans, and hats off to a memorable stay for our family. When we return we will have to consider staying at the lake and opt for the lodge!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I would to thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your weekend with us. It makes me happy to know that we met the expectations of our guest. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms wih excellent customer service and it is comments like this that make it all worth it. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a group and they were able to put our 8 rooms on the same floor. We enjoyed our stay the rooms are spacious, the beds comfortable and clean. The hotel offers free breakfast and the lobby has a nice cabin feel. We enjoyed our stay and it was easy to go to and from UF easily.

• Stayed October 2013
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It makes me smile we I hear that my guest have enjoyed our Lodge. I am so glad that you had a good night sleep on our double sided Euro top mattresses. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am happy to hear that we have met your expectations. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Hobe Sound, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. In fact, it was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. Everyone at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The young man attending to the breakfast supplies was also very pleasant and helpful. Any food that ran out was quickly replenished. Breakfast was sufficient--eggs, sausage, waffles, english muffins, bagels, toast, mini blueberry and bran muffins, cold cereal, instant oatmeal/grits, and juice. it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Lodge. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am so glad that we met your expectations. I am happy to hear that you loved our double sided Euro top mattresses and that you had a great night sleep. I will let my breakfast staff know how you enjoyed the food and their smiles so they can see how that have postively impacted your stay. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My family & I booked 2 rooms at The Lodge at Gainesville for my graduation from the University of Florida. Although the rooms were booked separately, since we checked-in together we were able to get adjoining rooms on the second floor. We had booked 2 executive king rooms & they were certainly worth the money spent for one night ($137). Our rooms had a very comfortable king-sized bed, a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, & a balcony with 2 chairs that was overlooking the parking lot. The bathroom was adequately sized, as was the room itself. Parking was included & we were able to park right next to the door that was closest to our room, which was always locked yet accessible by swiping our room key.

Happy hour, or HOURS would be more appropriate, was the highlight of our stay! From 5pm-7pm, the lobby bar offers all you can drink draft beer (which has limited choices), house wine, and well drinks. My family & I very much enjoyed consuming our complimentary drinks in the well-decorated lobby, which truly had the ambiance of a cabin in the woods. We loved the décor & the amount of seating space in the lobby area to enjoy our drinks & each other's company! After happy hour, we were able to walk to the Gainesville Ale House to enjoy dinner ... & a couple more drinks! Later in the evening, we took advantage of the pool for a night swim. The water was VERY warm & the pool had nice depth, ranging from 3 feet up to 9 feet. There was also a hot tub on the premises, but it was out of order during our stay.

In the morning, we did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast for a snack before heading over to campus for graduation. Breakfast had many choices, but seemed limited in hot choices. Whatever hot food was available was scarfed up quickly by the large amount of people present so we didn't have the opportunity to try any hot food. But, there was cereal, yogurt, bagels, fruit salad, and baked goods available for us to munch on. The hotel was in the perfect location; right next to the interstate (I-75) with easy access to campus & a variety of restaurants on Archer Road.

All-in-all, we greatly enjoyed our stay & would not hesitate to stay here again in the future! This hotel is highly recommended by all in my family! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this wonderful review. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our Lodge. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it always makes me happy when I read comments like this. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our lovely cocktail reception. It is a big highlight for our guest at the Lodge. I am sorry that you weren't able to enjoy our great hot breakfast bar. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

At the end of a long drive (thirteen hour drive from Indiana) I came to this oasis!
The Lodge at Gainesville (Florida)
Had complimentary drinks and snacks when I arrived.
My room was clean, quiet and the bed was awesome. After a great sleep, I had a nice hot breakfast and was on my way.
YES I would recommend this chain to anyone.
Thx !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to post this great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it makes me smile when I hear that our guest have really enjoyed themselves at our Lodge.I am glad that you were able to take part in the complimentary happy hour and breakfast,Those are two great extras that our guest really enjoy. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked around 15 rooms for a group event. We have come to the Cabot for years. This year under the new management and name of "the lodge" we all experienced issues. Parties in the parking lot with car speakers until 1am, 2 rooms had bugs, 1 room had no water pressure. We were told they would comp the first night for 2 of us. They didnt. Not going back. No customer service. Horrible.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are quieter