“Good vibe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Gainesville

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Gainesville to your Saves list
The Lodge at Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3726 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608-2349 (Formerly Cabot Lodge)   |
Ranked #7 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Stuart, Florida, United States
“Good vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I requested and received a first floor room. Although the first floor lounge was very, very busy, there were no noise problems from either the outside or the inside. The front desk staff was very helpful. I needed a new box of tissue, for example, and they made sure it was delivered. Wi-fi signal was very weak, but it was a Saturday night and the hotel was packed with families and lots of kids (probably all using the internet). Breakfast selections were varied and excellent. This hotel was recommended by a friend and I understand it is locally owned and operated. For that reason I would return.

This was a quick in-and-out visit for me. In at 9 pm; out by 8 am so I did not use many of the amenities. I slept well and made use of the very clean, very new Publix in the shopping center next door to purchase lunch supplies for my continuing road trip.

The one thing that was a surprise was that there was no refrigerator/microwave in the room. I have found this equipment to be the rule rather than the exception in better Southern hotels, so I have come to expect it, especially a the price paid for the room. This is the reason for 4 instead of 5 stars.

Although I was very tired from driving all day, and the hotel lobby and pool were very busy and noisy (I had to make several trips between the car and the room) everyone seemed to be having a wonderful time -- and that energy was uplifting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It is always nice to hear the positive feedback from our guest. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy our cocktail hour from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. It is alot of fun in our large lobby during the happy hour. You're right about the frige and microwave been almost a standard for hotels which is why we have just decided to purchase them for all rooms over the next couple of months. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and always try to improve by listening to our guest. Hopefull next time you will be able to enjoy the extras at the hotel. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We used a coupon to stay here. Real nice place. The lobby is like a ski lodge, with TV's and Fireplaces throughout the lobby area. They have a complimentary "happy hour" that is nice. Rooms are clean and efficient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. Again thanks for your comments and look forward to your next visit.

Helen, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a friend. The lobby is jungle like and great to sit and talk, eat your breakfast or have free wine and snack in evening. That is what attracted her. However, as I was heading home after a week long trip, I only really wanted a quiet room and sleep. The room had a slightly musty smell which my friend admitted she had noticed also. I was too tired to bother asking for another room. Otherwise it was quiet, room was clean and the bed comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was the average fair for most hotels.

Room Tip: This is off the highway so a quiet room is fine as long as you are away from children's play are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am glad you enjoyed our large lodge like great room. I would like to apologize for the musty smell in your room. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am truly sorry that we did meet your expectations in the room. I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future. Please call me the next time you're in town and I will make sure we take extra special care of you. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The attitude at this hotel is "what can I do toile your stay more comfortable?" They are so ready to help & so friendly . DJ Tate, the breakfast & evening host is awesome! You look forward to seeing his warm smile in the morning and again in the evening. I look forward to staying there again soon!

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I will share your comments with DJ and Olivia so they can see how their warm and friendly smiles impacted your stay. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Best Rgards,
Gulf Breeze, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were able to check in before noon and enjoyed a pleasant stay. Beautiful large lobby for family gathering @ breakfast and during their free cocktail hours. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The pool was another great gathering place for family and friends. WIFI was not always strong, but staff were friendly and there were ample stores and restaurants in the area (Trader Joes, Publix, Starbucks, Target and the Oak Mall, to name a few)

Room Tip: Request a room on the parking lot/main entrance side, since air conditioners have been updated to di...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your time gathering in our large great room. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Best Rgeards
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and and I stayed here April 5th to April 9th. The facility is well kept. The staff members went out of their way to satisfy all of our needs. We will return to stay here in the future, The facility was like being at a tropical park. The hot breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: We liked the rooms on the first floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. We love to hear that our guest have enjoyed their stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it is so nice to hear that we have met your epectations. I am glad to hear that my staff went out of their way to meet your every need. I will post this review so my staff can see how their caring and smiles had a positive impact on your stay. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We made our reservations while just minutes outside Gainesville, after checking at least ten hotels, which were all booked. After a complimentary drink served by a fire, we came to our clean, comfortable room after a long day on the road. Loved the nice toiletries. Night-night....

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope this will be your home away from home when you are in Gainesville. It is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed our cocktail reception in our cozy lobby. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it so great to hear that we met your expectations. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Been to The Lodge at Gainesville? Share your experiences!