“My favorite hotel in Gainesville!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Gainesville

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Gainesville to your Saves list
The Lodge at Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3726 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608-2349 (Formerly Cabot Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Rockledge, FL
“My favorite hotel in Gainesville!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Once again, we were in Gainesville for the weekend and once again, we stayed at the Cabot Lodge, just east of 1-75, on Archer Road. The rate was excellent and as always, the service and staff are top notch. The rooms (see photo) are very roomy, with 2 beds, flat screen TV, large bathroom, coffee maker, Wi-Fi. They have a large "gathering area" surrounded by sofas, chairs, and tables, highlighted by a big fireplace in the middle and 4 flat screen TVs on the adjoining walls. They serve a well-stocked free breakfast, with hot and cold items. And, to top it off, each night, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM, it's FREE Happy Hour with beer, wine, mixed drinks, soda and popcorn. And, as most of you know who have stayed there, the same nice woman tends bar as she has done for the past 11 years! What's great is as people gather in the lobby area, you can tell from the conversations that most people are repeat customers. Again, a must stay when in Gainesville!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It is always nice to hear that our guest have enjoyed their stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it makes it all worth while when we read comments like this. I tell my staff all the time that their beautiful smiles really have a huge impact on our guest experience and when we recieve comments like this I make sure to post them so the staff can join in my excitement.
Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very friendly, and the lobby was beautiful, especially with the fire pit. We were left without a room the first night due to overbooking with many soccer teams, and the Lodge paid for the night at a different hotel. Regardless of the error, the other nights were very nice and we'd stay with them again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I would first like to apologize for our error in overbooking. Thanks so much for your understanding. I was so glad to hear that you returned to our hotel the second night and enjoyed the rest of your stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with great customer service and I am so glad to heat that we met your expectations. Again thanks for your comments and understanding and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had never stayed at a Cabot Lodge but took a gamble. We couldn't ask for more---clean, nice landscaping, friendly staff, large rustic open space with central fireplace with included breakfast and happy hour. Much nicer than some hotels that cost significantly more money. Used the 15 percent off for Cody's Roadhouse which was about a mile away and the food was very good. All in all, a great bargain. Will stay hear again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to post this survey. I am always happy to hear that we have met and exceeded our guest expectations. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary happy hour and breakfast. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with great customer service and I am so thrilled to hear that you had such a great time. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Whenever I am in Gainsville I stay at the Lodge. What I believe is always important with reviews is to put into context. This is in the Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard by Marriott range. The Hilton Conference facility is a step above, but you also pay more which when I am traveling I want ease and clean with price.

What is most important, and hats off to the management and staff, everyone is consistently friendly and you can tell they try hard to make your stay the best they can (little things like friendly check in, everyone says hello, making sure you enjoyed your happy hour - clean enviroment, kept up property - I am a guy, but even I appreciate they decorate for the seasons and try to change things up in the lobby to make it nicer).

I travel extensively and stay in all kinds of hotels, I would be happy if I could always get this consistent quality at the value they provide.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It was really nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and it is great to hear that we met your expectations. I will make sure to hang your review in our employee area so that my staff can see what an impact they have by smiling and taking care of our guest. It was also nice to hear that you enjoyed our happy hour and breakfast in our beautiful lodge like lobby. I love to walk trough the lobby and see my guest enjoying themselves. It makes my job as a manger all worth the while. Again thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Cabot Lodge and I was not disappointed...the front desk personnel were friendly and accomodating. The complimentary happy hour was a nice way to relax by the fire and unwind after a long drive. The hotel is clean and cozy..i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It is always nice to hear that our guest enjoy relaxing in our beautiful lobby while enjoying one of our complimentary cocktails. I was also glad to hear that you felt welcomed by our friendly staff. I will hang your review in our employee area so they can see how their smiles impacted your stay. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Melbourne Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Absolultely a great place to stay! From the moment we walked in every staff member was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and there was ample space for four of us. The 2-hour happy hour was quite nice and perfect for our large crowd to sit in the cozy lobby and talk. The morning breakfast is good with a decent selection of food, including waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, muffins, cereal, etc. The location is great - situated right near the highway (but you would never know it - it is so quiet) and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I am so glad you enjoyed out complimentary happy hour and complimentary hot breakfast in our beautiful lobby. I love to walk through my lobby and see the guest enjoying themselves. I will post your review in our employee area so that they can see that their smiles made a difference in your stay. Again thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Sharpsburg, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Cabot Lodge in Gainesville is the best kept place to stay! The lobby is so warm and inviting. A great place to wind down the day relaxing with a drink by the fire. The rooms are roomy, clean and make for a comfortable nights stay. This is my kind of place:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am so glad that we were able to meet your expectations. I always enjoy walking through our beautiful lobby and seeing our guest enjoying themsevles by the fireplace. Again thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Been to The Lodge at Gainesville? Share your experiences!