“Cozy hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Gainesville

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Gainesville to your Saves list
The Lodge at Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3726 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608-2349 (Formerly Cabot Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Sunrise, Florida
“Cozy hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was driving from Atlanta down towards Miami, and it was late and I was tired. Stopped at this hotel to check price and availability. Ashley was behind the counter and she was very nice and friendly. She also gave me a great rate which was appreciated, as I didn't have much cash on me.

The location is quite good. Close to every kind of business you might need. Plenty of restaurants, pharmacy, supermarket all within walking distance. It also right off the highway, I-75, but its all quite nice looking, and there was no sound from the highway in the hotel room. The room itself was a little on the plain side but efficient and reserved.

Only concerns were the lack of pillows in the room, and lack of extra pillows downstairs. Also the peephole in the door was obscured and didn't allow you to view anyone knocking on the door. And it was needed because someone was knocking on my room door at 3am, probably wrong room.

After 11am, housekeeping kept trying to get into my room without even knocking which was downright invasive to say the least. I spoke with the General Manager and she advised me that someone has checked me out of my room even tho I was still in it. The GM herself was not pleasant, and she came off a bit dismissive when addressing my concerns with her. She came off defensive as if I was lying to her, and all she responded was that she couldn't lower my rate any further, even though I never asked her for anything.

I won't be stopping at this hotel again anytime soon because of her demeanor, but overall if you're looking for a place to stay while in town, I would consider this hotel at the right price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am glad you found our hotel to be cozy with great costomer service offered to you by Ashley. I apologize if you thought I was not concerned with your comments. I didn't intend for it come across that way. I addressed every issue with housekeeping and maintenance. My main goal is to exceed the expectations of each and every guest and I am sorry that you did not feel that I was concerned with your issues. I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice, not your typical chain. Staff is friendly,rooms are clean and well stocked with amenities. They also offer a breakfast buffet and evening happy hour (5:30-7:30 pm) which is included with your checking in.

I have two observations which I feel they need to consider and improve on.

#1: have a staff member monitor the cocktail/breakfast area, the patrons seem to have forgotten their manners and left their trash laying around for others to deal with. We had to "clean up" after the other guests in order to have a semi clean area to enjoy.

#2: it was a bit uncomfortable to have the coffee pot in the bathroom, just think about that for a second. I didn't want to go into the bathroom for coffee after someone else has been in there to do their business, even if I do love them! Not a great way to start the morning!

Other than these two personal observations, I would definitely recommend a stay here. It's quite even though it is right next to the express way. Stayed in room 229& 231, which are adjoining rooms, since we had the young adults with us. Close to nice restaraunts, campus, theater etc.

• Stayed December 2012
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I have spoken with my breakfast attendants about the need to clean the tables immediately so that you the guest are not left to clean your own table. I will speak with housekeeping about the location of the coffee maker and see if we can come up with better placement. We are always looking for guest feedback to help us improve. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit

Teresa Roberson.
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

After hearing good things about the Cabot Lodge for several years, we finally had reason to stop there recently. Very nice rooms, pleasant and helpful staff, and a really lovely lobby, all decorated for Christmas just now. Roaring fireplace in the center surrounded by lots of tables where grateful travelers can relax and enjoy both the complimentary evening happy hour and the extensive hot breakfast offerings the next morning. We enjoyed our stay so much we changed our plans for when we headed home and made a second stop here. I know this visit will not be our last. It's nice to see something a little different in the same old sea of roadside motels.

Room Tip: If you need a microwave, ask for an "executive" room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am so glad to hear that we met your expectations. It was also nice to hear that you enjoyed the decorations. We have a lot of fun decorating the hotel and it is sure nice to know that it makes a difference for our guest. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have now stayed at Cabot Lodge twice and have loved it both times. The rooms are spacious and well appointed.. My only gripe was that the in room coffee service included only one regular and one decaf, so that is both members of a couple like the same kind of coffee, that can be a problem. Easy enough to fix, however. The seating area behind the lobby is very comfortable and one really feels like they are at a ski lodge there. There is a fireplace, paintings on the wall, and a number of TV screens spread throughout the area. Yet, it is easy to find a quiet corner. The hotel offers a happy hour every afternoon featuring popcorn and other goodies and the breakfast that accompanies the room includes things like eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, and hot and cold cereals. There is plenty of free parking in the spacious treed area around the hotel and there is a shopping mall nearby that contains just about every kind of store imaginable. The hotel is just off I-75 so is easy to get to.

Room Tip: It is possible to request first,second or third floor and there are numerous keyed entrances so that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room for 5 days and due to an issue with a room I thought I was going to switch rooms. Well, I decided to stay in the original one, but due to lack of communication, all of my belongings were packed for me and put behind the front counter. I was supposed to stay for 2 more days. I really liked the staff up to this point but they weren't very apologetic. I was really creeped out by people touching all of my personal items. I tried to express how upset this made me by an email and I have not even received a reply. I'm sorry it ended up like that because I liked this hotel until this happened.

• Stayed December 2012
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I never recieved an e-mail from you and I am sorry that it looked like I was not interested in your concerns. I am going to speak with my staff and try and find out your name and number so I can call you and discuss your issues. My main goal at the hotel is to make sure my guest are well taken care of and that they leave happy. I will speak with my front desk concerning their lack of communication and emphathy for your issue. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I greaty apologize that we let you down. I hope this has not deterred you from staying here in the future. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Royal Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Excellent hotel,, wonderful room, great stay, fantastic lobby. enjoyed my stay. would recommend. Went for Nephews graduation. Great location.

NIce comlimentary breakfast, many good choices. Offered free drinks in lobby , get there before 7:30.

Room Tip: All room are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I am also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and our famous complimentary happy hour. Congratulations to your nephew. You must be proud. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel was recommended to us by friends who travel to Gainesville often - it turned out to be a great choice! Not only is it affortable, but it has an ambiance usually expected at more pricey hotel chains. The staff was attentive when we asked for more coffee in our room - they also had coffee available downstairs all the time. The hot chocolate chip cookies at check-in were also a nice touch! We had plans, so we did not attend the cocktail hour offered in the lobby, but it looked good - the center fireplace adds a nice warmth. The beds was surprisingly comfortable and the free breakfast buffet offered in the morning was good. Great location - close to everything - we will definitely stay here again on our next trip to G'ville!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the hot chocolate chip cookies. They are yummy! Please thank your friend on my behalf for recommended you to our hotel. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Been to The Lodge at Gainesville? Share your experiences!