“Friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Gainesville

Save Saved
You added The Lodge at Gainesville to your Saves list
The Lodge at Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3726 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608-2349 (Formerly Cabot Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
“Friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The hotel itself is very nice, not your typical chain. Staff is friendly,rooms are clean and well stocked with amenities. They also offer a breakfast buffet and evening happy hour (5:30-7:30 pm) which is included with your checking in.

I have two observations which I feel they need to consider and improve on.

#1: have a staff member monitor the cocktail/breakfast area, the patrons seem to have forgotten their manners and left their trash laying around for others to deal with. We had to "clean up" after the other guests in order to have a semi clean area to enjoy.

#2: it was a bit uncomfortable to have the coffee pot in the bathroom, just think about that for a second. I didn't want to go into the bathroom for coffee after someone else has been in there to do their business, even if I do love them! Not a great way to start the morning!

Other than these two personal observations, I would definitely recommend a stay here. It's quite even though it is right next to the express way. Stayed in room 229& 231, which are adjoining rooms, since we had the young adults with us. Close to nice restaraunts, campus, theater etc.

• Stayed December 2012
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I have spoken with my breakfast attendants about the need to clean the tables immediately so that you the guest are not left to clean your own table. I will speak with housekeeping about the location of the coffee maker and see if we can come up with better placement. We are always looking for guest feedback to help us improve. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit

Teresa Roberson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

After hearing good things about the Cabot Lodge for several years, we finally had reason to stop there recently. Very nice rooms, pleasant and helpful staff, and a really lovely lobby, all decorated for Christmas just now. Roaring fireplace in the center surrounded by lots of tables where grateful travelers can relax and enjoy both the complimentary evening happy hour and the extensive hot breakfast offerings the next morning. We enjoyed our stay so much we changed our plans for when we headed home and made a second stop here. I know this visit will not be our last. It's nice to see something a little different in the same old sea of roadside motels.

Room Tip: If you need a microwave, ask for an "executive" room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I am so glad to hear that we met your expectations. It was also nice to hear that you enjoyed the decorations. We have a lot of fun decorating the hotel and it is sure nice to know that it makes a difference for our guest. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have now stayed at Cabot Lodge twice and have loved it both times. The rooms are spacious and well appointed.. My only gripe was that the in room coffee service included only one regular and one decaf, so that is both members of a couple like the same kind of coffee, that can be a problem. Easy enough to fix, however. The seating area behind the lobby is very comfortable and one really feels like they are at a ski lodge there. There is a fireplace, paintings on the wall, and a number of TV screens spread throughout the area. Yet, it is easy to find a quiet corner. The hotel offers a happy hour every afternoon featuring popcorn and other goodies and the breakfast that accompanies the room includes things like eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, and hot and cold cereals. There is plenty of free parking in the spacious treed area around the hotel and there is a shopping mall nearby that contains just about every kind of store imaginable. The hotel is just off I-75 so is easy to get to.

Room Tip: It is possible to request first,second or third floor and there are numerous keyed entrances so that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room for 5 days and due to an issue with a room I thought I was going to switch rooms. Well, I decided to stay in the original one, but due to lack of communication, all of my belongings were packed for me and put behind the front counter. I was supposed to stay for 2 more days. I really liked the staff up to this point but they weren't very apologetic. I was really creeped out by people touching all of my personal items. I tried to express how upset this made me by an email and I have not even received a reply. I'm sorry it ended up like that because I liked this hotel until this happened.

• Stayed December 2012
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I never recieved an e-mail from you and I am sorry that it looked like I was not interested in your concerns. I am going to speak with my staff and try and find out your name and number so I can call you and discuss your issues. My main goal at the hotel is to make sure my guest are well taken care of and that they leave happy. I will speak with my front desk concerning their lack of communication and emphathy for your issue. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service and I greaty apologize that we let you down. I hope this has not deterred you from staying here in the future. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Royal Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Excellent hotel,, wonderful room, great stay, fantastic lobby. enjoyed my stay. would recommend. Went for Nephews graduation. Great location.

NIce comlimentary breakfast, many good choices. Offered free drinks in lobby , get there before 7:30.

Room Tip: All room are good
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I am also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and our famous complimentary happy hour. Congratulations to your nephew. You must be proud. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel was recommended to us by friends who travel to Gainesville often - it turned out to be a great choice! Not only is it affortable, but it has an ambiance usually expected at more pricey hotel chains. The staff was attentive when we asked for more coffee in our room - they also had coffee available downstairs all the time. The hot chocolate chip cookies at check-in were also a nice touch! We had plans, so we did not attend the cocktail hour offered in the lobby, but it looked good - the center fireplace adds a nice warmth. The beds was surprisingly comfortable and the free breakfast buffet offered in the morning was good. Great location - close to everything - we will definitely stay here again on our next trip to G'ville!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and the hot chocolate chip cookies. They are yummy! Please thank your friend on my behalf for recommended you to our hotel. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed at the Cabot Lodge for three days while attending a sporting event at UF. The rooms are very large and clean. Lots of room and a decent sized bathroom. The resort was nicely decorated for the holidays and we enjoyed the large fireplace in the center of the lobby area, Complimentary breakfast and evening cocktails were a plus. Convenient location just off the highway, 10 minutes to UF. Many many restaurants within one half mile, most are walkable. Ample parking and a very well kept pool area. Business center was great. Thank you.

Room Tip: We like the bottom floor for easy access to everything.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our guest. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We really enjoy decorating the hotel each year and am glad to know that it made a difference in your stay. I will pass on your comments in my morning meeting with my staff. They always enjoy hearing the guest comments and it really makes a good start to their day knowing that they made a difference. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Been to The Lodge at Gainesville? Share your experiences!