“Comfortable stay while family member hospitalized at Shands Hospital.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Gainesville

You added The Lodge at Gainesville to your Saves list
The Lodge at Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3726 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608-2349 (Formerly Cabot Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Tampa, Florida
“Comfortable stay while family member hospitalized at Shands Hospital.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Found stay at Cabot Lodge comfortable and relaxing after several days with family member hospitalized. The room was spacious and clean for two people. Good beds and pillows with managable temperature controls. Complimentary breakfast was very good with nice assortment of breakfast choice. Hospital rates was appropriate considering family's situation.

The only negative found was the bathroom, which had a unpleassant odor when we first arrived. However, with a couple of room deorant sprays. odor clear comfortably for bath time.

Staff at the reception/check-in desk and the breakfast attendant were pleasant and courteous. Will consider returning to this hotel for another stay.

Room Tip: If need a place to stay should you experience a family emergency requiring hospital care, consider c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your lovely comments. It was really nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope your family member that was hospitalized is doing well. I will pass on your comments to my breakfast and front desk staff. We strive to have clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. I am sorry about the odor in the bathroom and was glad to hear that we were able to correct it for you. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bradenton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My daughter and I drove from Bradenton Florida to Williston to visit a relative at Williston Rehab. The accommodations at Cabot Lodge were wonderfrul. We enjoyed popcorn and drinks downstairs and then went to our room for a peaceful night's sleep. I told several of my friends and relatives hat this was the nicest hotel where I have ever stayed It was very convenient to stores and restaurajts and we are returning in December for a family reunion, this time in Micanopy.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor which was great! Did not have kids with us nor did we use room service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to prvide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. I really appreciate you telling your friends and relatives about our lodge. Word of mouth is some of the best advertising we can recieve. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

So very glad we chose this hotel! Called over the phone first, girl was so nice, asked what brought us to our stay, told her we were traveling from Chicago to Tampa to see our Aunt. She gave a discount ( better than using our AARP card). I still called other hotels to compare as there are a lot in the Gainesville area. Chose Cabot. Pleased from the moment we arrived. Cozy fireplace, couches w/ flat screens in front of them, small cozy tables. Then she gave us a card for free cocktails from 5:30-7:30, Asked the bartender what do we do if we want a second one( I didn't see a cash register). He said ALL the cocktails are free until 7:30, AND free chicken AND free popcorn from a machine! All in front of a TV, and cozy couch. Wow! Rooms are very clean, ( some have balconies) which overlook a very pretty courtyard. Breakfast food was good, ( bartender now is the AM server). I loved our stay!

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this comment. I am so pleased that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with a smile. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary cocktails and snacks. I love to see our guest enjoying their families in our lodge like lobby. I hope you will be a long time guest. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed homecoming weekend, so the town was busy. The location is perfect, as it is right at I-75 and Archer Rd, so easy access and exit. Also you are within a block of every type of business you'd want, from gas station, fast food, grocery, Target, liquor store, bookstore, etc.

As for the hotel itself, it is a mixed bag. I remember many years ago when it was the shiney new hotel in town, but now it has started to show it's age. Apparently, they've recently upgraded the bathrooms, as they are nice and new compared to the room itself. The lighting in the room was dim - to thread a needle I had to step into the bathroom! The TV, while a bit small compared to the bigger chains, had a full lineup,including HBO. Free wi-fi was another plus.

They have a pretty nice breakfast buffet that includes scrambled eggs and sausage - a little more than most complimentary breakfasts. They also deliver the local paper daily, and have a daily complimentary happy hour. The staff is nice and courteous.

The room was a bit on the expensive side for what you got (almost $400 for a 2 night stay, those being special rates for a block of rooms for the group I was with). I heard the front desk clerk quote somebody $209/night. To be fair, it was homecoming weekend, a Gator football game weekend, and the town was full; I'd guess the other hotels in town were higher than normal too.

All in all, it was fine for basic lodging, the location is great, and I'd stay there again, but only if the price is right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you weren't completely satisfyed with the guest rooms. We did renovate the rooms in 2008 and the bathrooms in 2010. We continue to use our guest comments to improve. Our rates are higher during football weekends due to the demand. We can offer a much better rate when the Gators are not playing at home. Please call me personally the next time you visit Gainesville and I will offer you a very competitive rate. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

The last time I stayed at the Cabot Lodge in Gainesville prior to last weekend was about fifteen years ago. I remembered a clean, inviting hotel with a great staff. Isn't it great that some things don't change?

The Cabot Lodge is a fantastic alternative to the big chains. Hilton's and Marriotts are great, but they all tend to look alike. The Cabot Lodge is every bit as nice, offers as many or more amenities like breakfast and nightly cocktails, and is staffed by people who genuinely want you to enjoy your stay like Ashley at the front desk.

Our king room was clean, had an updated bathroom, and a very comfortable bed! It was quiet and convenient to the lobby. Breakfast was good with a variety of pastries, fruit, eggs, and waffles.

We will definitely come back the next time we visit Gainesville--hopefully soon!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to post this comment. It is always nice to hear that we have met the expectations of our true bosses, the guest. I have been here for twenty two years and have always taken pride in offering good clean rooms with excellent customer service. I am glad you enjoyed the uniqueness of our lodge. It is always nice seeing our guest enjoying their families in our great room. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Southwest ranches, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Could not have been more comfortable although I could have paid more, elsewhere. Rooms and bathrooms perfectly clean as are common areas. Will stay there next time I get to visit my gator girl but will spring for an executive room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am really excited to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. Thanks for all the nice comments. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with excellent customer service. Again I am very gald you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit,

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We recently stayed at the Cabot Lodge for 2 nights and found the rooms large enough to store 2 bikes along with all our other gear. The bed was super comfotable and the pillows were so nice I wish I could have taken them home. The Cabot Lodge serves complimenty breakfast and a complimenty cocktails from 5:30 to 7:30. Beer, wine and spirits are included. We loved the fireplace and to comfy furniture in the huge lounge area. The staff was wonderful and the location perfect to access downtown and many other neighborhoods for dining. We will look forward to another visit to the Gainesville Cabot Lodge.

Room Tip: Easy access with a key card to ground floor king room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am very pleased that we were able to meet all of your needs. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with great customer service. It is always nice to hear that we have met our guest expectations. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Been to The Lodge at Gainesville? Share your experiences!