“Great Value Hotel in Gainesville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Gainesville

You added The Lodge at Gainesville to your Saves list
The Lodge at Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3726 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608-2349 (Formerly Cabot Lodge)   |
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Panama City, FL
“Great Value Hotel in Gainesville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here with family (wife and three small children) for one night on our way through Gainesville. The hotel is rated about three stars and far exceeded expectations. The staff was friendly (front counter girl from Alabama was fantastic), the room was clean, and the complementary continental breakfast was a decent bonus. There are several other hotels within several blocks, and I have stayed at two of them before. I paid more at the other hotels, but had a better overall experience at this hotel. I would stay here again.

Additional note: the parking lot area for this hotel seemed a bit safer than a competitor's parking lot that was too close to a gas station with occasional random, "shady" people walking around.

A couple criticisms of Cabot Lodge: the mattresses are too soft, and the AC unit was functional but a bit too loud for my taste (both the mattresses and a.c. could use some updating in the future). Overall, however, still a great value hotel, and a clean, nice place I would visit again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. It is always nice to hear that we have exceeded our guest expectations. We strive to provide clean rooms with excellent customer service. I will recognize Ashley in our morning meeting and let her know that you were very pleased with her customer service. She is new to our team and has really done well with customer service. In this business we have to hire the attitude and teach them the business. Thanks for letting us know about the Air conditioner in your room. I will take care of it immediately. Again thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Teresa Roberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are big, hotel is beautiful, free social time in the evening and nice big breakfast in the morning. Beds are big and comfy, within walking distance to many food places for the night, for a week, it's worth staying at this friendly hotel.. Will be back!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It is always nice to hear that we were able to meet and exceed our guest expectations. We strive to provide clean rooms with great customer service. I am so glad that you enjoyed our complimentary happy hour and hot breakfast. Again thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stay at numerous hotels for our job. This was one of the hotels that has made it a pleasure to stay at. The front counter, Ashley, was my favorite. We will be staying back at that Cabot Lodge when we are in town working. We will be recommending this hotel to everyone. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean rooms with excellent customer service, I will make sure I recognize Ashley in our morning meeting for her great service. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

North Key Largo, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I would highly recommend Cabot Lodge Gainesville to anyone looking for an affordable, well run, Clean and well maintained place to stay. The Staff are exceptional; from the moment you enter they will make you feel like a valued guest. The Staff are warm and friendly they truly make you feel like family. My wife and I have been coming here for the past four years while our Son was attending the University of Florida. We will continue to come here while he attends Grad. School as well. Dollar for dollar Cabot Lodge is the BEST place to stay, from their Complimentary Continental Breakfast that includes Fresh fruit and a wide variety of hot items including make your own waffles. Want more? They offer a daily Complimentary Happy Hour which includes Beer, Wine and mixed drinks using name brand Liquors. On most Wednesdays with the Happy Hour they usually have food catered in by a local restaurant that will sponsor the social. Cabot Lodge is truly a Great place to stay.
R & S

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. I really appreciate your loyalty to Cabot Lodge. I am so glad to hear that we are meeting all of your expectations. We strive to provide good clean rooms with excellent customer service. Again thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed here to visit our daughter and bike the Gainesville-Hawthorne trail. The room was large and easily accommodated two bikes w/o stepping on them. We were given a first floor room making it easy to get out in the mornings. The room was clean, bed comfortable and breakfast was complete with more choices than you could ask for. It was a non-football (UF) weekend and that may have contributed to it being very quiet. Best of all the price was right. Yes the place is a little dated as others have noted, but it has nicer character than the box motels that all look the same. I would recommend this place and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Teresa R, General Manager at The Lodge at Gainesville, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with great customer service. Again thanks for your wonderful comments and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The desk staff at this property cannot control the riff raff that has taken up residence here. We have stayed here off and on for over fifteen years. We have stayed here while three of our children have graduated Uf and to visit family living here over the years.

In thelobby tonight was my wife , myself , and three loud swearing drunks. The staff watched this for half an hour until I insisted it stop. For my trouble , I was physically threatened by a character with few teeth , carrying his own quart of whisky . The staff did nothing to help , short of advising
that I could call the police , if I did not feel safe. Stay here at your own risk.

Room Tip: Go to the Hilton
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express your comments. As you know been a guest for fifteen years that this is not the kind of service that we are known for. I would like to take this time to apologize for the uncomfortable experience that you had in our lobby during cocktails. I have coached my staff on how to handle a situation like this in the future. I hope this has not deterred you from staying with us in the future. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

stayed here to move our kid into the dorms (sorry, residence halls) at UF recently and found the location to be fantastic, right beside the freeway. The rooms are comfortable, but getting a little dated and tatty. "Free" breakfast is fine, waffles etc, and the evening reception with free booze provides a relaxing end to the day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoy our evening happy hour and the great room. I am sorry that our rooms did not meet your ecpectations. We did go through a complete renovation in 2009/2010. We will continue to use our guest comments to improve. Again thanks for your comments and we look forward to serving you in the future.