“Close but gross.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of ABC Motel

Save Saved
You added ABC Motel to your Saves list
ABC Motel
2000 Southwest 13th Street, Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Super 8 Gainesville University Hospital)   |
Ranked #41 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
“Close but gross.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

There was a blood stain on my sheets. When we arrived there were several lengths of hair in the unwashed bathtub - including the short, coarse and curly variety. There is no fridge. The front desk service was nice and the walk to campus for the game was easy and doable.

• Stayed September 2011

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
North Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2006

Stayed at the ABC Motel the weekend of the Florida/South Carolina game, when I checked in I knew it had been a mistake. There was a hole in the shower where the soapdish had been and the only covering was a tile propped up against it, cigarette burns ALL over the place, stained sheets, thread bare towels, hair all over the bathroom, cable didn't even work properly, smelled of urine. I even came home with pink eye and I've never had pink eye in my life. I know it was a football weekend but $100 a night for a room in that rathole was insane - once I checked in if I'd wanted to leave I would've been out the money - If I can give anyone any type of advice it is to AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE !!! Sleep in your car after the game and save yourself the money.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — For the love of God STAY AWAY I would feel terrible if I knew of any person who stayed there.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2004

I stayed at the ABC in Oct. of 04, it wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be, the rooms were clean, the clerks were very helpful and nice, and the most important part was the price, for the price, it was definately worth it. I give the ABC a thumbs up, I had a great time in Gainesville, GO GATORS!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2004

Bad hotel, no maid service, no toilet paper, stained sheets, had to get our own towels, soap etc. Should be taken off the Super 8 list. Not to be confused with Rt 75 Super 8 which is a very nice hotel. Sign out front says " we rent by the week" ...sure sign of a bad motel

Been to ABC Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about ABC Motel

Abc Hotel
Abc Motel Gainesville
Address: 2000 Southwest 13th Street, Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Super 8 Gainesville University Hospital)
Location: United States > Florida > Gainesville
Free Parking
Ranked #41 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your ABC Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage ABC Motel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.