“Best hotel and service I've ever experienced” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 SW 42nd Street, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
plant city florida
“Best hotel and service I've ever experienced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel several times on business. They have always accomidated me and have been very friendly and easy to deal with. The first time I stayed here was 2 years ago with my daughter. I was here on business and figured I would bring my daughter with me, she even commented how nice the hotel was and how friendly the staff was, she was 8 years old at the time. Ever since that first stay this is the only hotel I will stay at when I come to Gainesville. Keep up the good work Red Roof.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
North Florida, US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

For the great price I guess I shouldn't mind but just be advised there is no in-room coffee maker. Could be a deal breaker for any future stays if the Red Roof norm. Property very clean and safe with in room wi-fi and everything you could want in walking distance... including... java (lobby).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed in two different "4 star/5 star" hotels in the last couple months. Neither one of them could match the cleanliness, efficiency of the staff, or value of this hotel. Comfortable, clean and friendly - that's the only thing most of us want - and the Red Roof Inn in Gainesville delivers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

This hotel was great for the price. My fiance and I had to travel to Gainesville so that he could have surgery at Shands Medical Center so we also loved the hotel because it was only 3 miles away from the hospital. The best thing to do is to search the internet for promo codes and then call the reservation desk. Give the person each promo code, one at a time, and ask them what each one is for. As they are telling you write it down and then at the end you can choose which one is best. We ended up getting 2 nights for a total of $76.02 after tax!! The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the best part about this hotel is that PETS STAY FOR FREE!!!! This alone saved me $25 per night. You can only have one pet but that was fine with me since I only have 1 dog. You can choose whether you want a smoking or non-smoking room and you can pay an extra $10 to have a mini-refrigerator in your room. If you don't want to pay extra for the refrigerator you can ask for a handicapped room and tell them that you have medication that needs to be refrigerated and you will get the fridge for free. The only downside to that is that all of the handicap rooms are non-smoking. All-in-all the hotel, I thought, was a great deal!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

Very clean and in a convenient location, adjacent to I-75 and dining and fuel locations. I would definitely stay here again. I can recommend this facility to all visitors.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Largo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

We have stayed at this location many times over the years. We are there because of medical reasons at Shands Hosptial at the Univ. of FL. As a female I feel very safe when I am there alone. The employees has always been very courteous and helpful. We have never had a problem checking in and out. When thee was a room problem, the staff changed our room immediately.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

I just discovered that Red Roof Inn offers cheaper rates to folks over 50. It's a great deal. Nice, safe hotel with lots of places to eat within walking distance. I always stay there and have never had a bad experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville? Share your experiences!