“Great value, clean and modern.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 SW 42nd Street, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Orlando, Florida
“Great value, clean and modern.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Never thought I would pick a Red Roof but it is very modern and clean and great value compared tothe adjacent Marriotts and Hilton's. Very friendly staff who focus on good service and are always helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for East side away from pool and highway if you want quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Pambarry,

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Gainesville and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We are so happy to hear that our staff was very friendly, helpful and focused on great customer service. Providing the best value with the cleanest room is our daily focus. We hope to serve you again in near future.

Euihee Prekler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fort Lauderdale, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is definitely one of of the best hotels in Gainesville for the price/ value. I paid less than $65 with tax for a superior king room with the Florida Resident Discount online- great deal. It was on the fourth floor, very clean, had a flat screen tv, wood laminate floors, and a nicely updated bathroom with a cool sink/ granite countertop. Cannot be beat for the price and they accept pets for free! There was absolutely NO smell at all in the room (not even an overpowering cleaning smell). Also, the cleaning lady and both front desk people were very nice. I have stayed here one other time and will continue to do so while in Gainesville. While they do have coffee/ tea every morning, the only thing they are missing is breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway. We had one facing the road in front of the hotel and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear goldstein2749,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that you loved our superior king room and enjoyed your stay. Providing the cleanest rooms with the best value is our on-going efforts. We hope to serve you again very soon.

Jonesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Love the stay. I had found reasonable rate. Comfortable room, our dog love the comfort of the floor. They was nice and cool. The desk clerk was a friendly young lady, she also call the room to see if everything was appropriate.

Room Tip: Quite, clean, quality.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear waltergj2012,

We are so happy to hear that your dog loved the wood floor. It is always extra special to receive a feedback from the satisfied guests. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. Hope to have another chance to serve you and your dog in the future.

Mexico City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before so I was not sure what to expect from this stay. I had found reasonable rate on a few travel websites, but I went to Red Roof Inn’s booking page and got a slightly better rate which I stacked with a Florida Resident Discount and a coupon code for 20% off and I got the room for $65 per night out the door.

The first thing that impressed me about Red Roof Inn’s booking process is that the online reservation was an actual reservation, not a purchase disguised as a reservation. I did not pay for the room until I arrived onsite at 5 PM. The next thing that impressed me was the fact that there was a cancelation time as late as 8 PM (awesome!).

So I walked into the lobby it was obviously clean and well remodeled. There were two clerks working the front desk who were each checking people in. I was talking to a clerk in less than two minutes. The hotel had all the reservations laid out on a desk so it took all of three minutes for her to check me in. At the end of the process they even handed me a bottle of water for being a member of their rewards program. Both clerks working the front desk were friendly and inviting.

After check-in we went up to our room which had two full beds. The first thing that I noticed was the solid laminate floor throughout the room. It looks beautiful and just helps the room ‘feel clean’ and kept the room clean during our stay. I also noticed that the hotel used carpet tile as a carpet tile rug around the beds very nice. The room was stocked with basically amnesties (disposable cups, soap, shampoo), but no pens or notepads.

One of the first things I did in getting settled was to take a shower. This created my first surprise, as I removed the towel from the towel bar the towel bar fell off the wall with a loud clang. The next thing is I turned the shower on to ‘hot’ to never get any hot water. I waited and waited and still no hot water. I turned the handle to ‘cold’ for a few moments thinking the valve was installed backwards still not hot water. This hotel has at least 3 gas hot water heaters and at 5 PM there is no load, but no hot water. I needed a shower so I took a cold shower (felt very awake). Later in the evening we were preparing a bath for our daughter I kept the water on the cold side for a bit longer and finally got hot water. Please note the shower valve in room 430 is installed backwards.
I reported the problems to guest services in the hope that they will resolve these problems in the future. Surprisingly about 2 hours after we checked in we received a call from the front desk to make sure that everything was okay with the room. I relayed the shower incident.

The beds were comfortable and consisted of sheets, blanket, and comforter. All the linens were clean and fresh and there were NO SIGNS OF BED BUGS (we looked). The pillows are a little flat, I did not get around to asking for more pillows, but a third pillow on each bed would have been nice, or pillows with more fill.

The only two suggestions I would have for this hotel is first, please introduce a continental breakfast. You have the room (literally your coffee room). Second, set your room rates one two person occupancy, charging $5 for a second person in a two bed room (or a King Suite for that matter) is a silly and risks running off potential clientele.
To conclude this review I will say Red Roof Inn’s reservation system is excellent, their staff in Gainesville is friendly and attentive, the rooms are clean and newly remodeled, and their rewards program records room preferences so you get the type of room you want. I have never stayed at Red Roof Inn until now, but I will certainly take a look at these hotels in the future. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are nice, and I always ask for a top floor roof for the best view.
Dear A S,

We are so thrilled to have the first opportunity to serve you at Red Roof Inn and so thankful for your wonderful review. Thank you for sharing your satisfied experience with other travelers and recognizing our staff. Reviews like yours always give us a big smile on our face. Hope to welcome you back soon!

South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room had undergone the recent update/renovation that the chain is undertaking so it was a decent enough looking room with firm beds, good pillows, and comfortable furnishings. Also, the room was very quiet, and we heard almost no noise from other rooms or even from nearby I-75. The location is very convenient with nearby shopping, restaurants, and other amenities. It's also just a few miles from the UF campus. They have a nice size swimming pool, too.

The issues we found were that the A/C unit did not seem capable of removing the humidity from the air. The first room we were given had a noticeable odor when we entered, and we found the the vent of the A/C to be covered with black mold--very toxic stuff. Of course, they immediately gave us a different room, which was much better. However, in the new room one of the bedspreads was totally wrinkled and unsightly, but we decided we could live with it since it didn't jeopardize our health. The bath soap they provide leaves you feeling slimy, and the complimentary coffee in the lobby is undrinkable.

We received the Florida resident rate, which was a good deal, and we chose Red Roof Inn because we were originally going to bring our dog and Red Roof Inn has a Pets-Stay-Free policy. Who else offers that?

Dear CA-FL-TX-FL,

Thank you so much for staying with us and truly appreciate for sharing the experience. We have followed up on your suggestions. We will continuously work harder to improve our facility. We hope to have another chance to serve you.

Chipley, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Check in was fast, the reservation was ready and accurate. We noticed the Tripadvisor scores prominently posted near the desk. The desk clerk was a friendly young lady, with a conversational approach which made us feel welcome. A few minutes after we entered our room, the desk clerk called to check to make sure everything was satisfactory. It was. Room had been totally refurbished, new hardwood floors, new paint, reworked bathroom. The room was airy and inviting. No room odor.The floors were clean, so much that bare feet could not feel any grit. The bathroom was clean, and well stocked. Beds were made, with clean linens. Overall cleanliness of the room was remarkable. Beds were comfortable. This hotel does not offer in-room coffee or complimentary breakfast, but it does have hot coffee in the lobby all day and all night. We liked that because we didn’t have to make coffee ourselves. One evening we went to the lobby, sat and drank coffee and talked for about an hour. The night desk clerk, a young man, was very attentive. We asked for and extra blanket, and he brought it immediately. We reported a broken hair dryer. The tripped breaker was reset the very next morning. The outside of the hotel was clean, with attractive landscaping. It is near several restaurants and fast food establishments that are easily walkable. Also right across the street, for an easy walk, is a Target and a Publix stores for any personal or food items one might want. Checkout was fast and accurate. A different young lady checked us out. She was just as friendly and helpful as the others. We thoroughly enjoyed this four day stay.

Dear Lunchdate818,

We are so happy to hear that we made you feel so welcome! We truly appreciate your review. Thanks for recognizing friendly front staff and clean rooms. I will make sure share your review with the rest of the team. We are so energized to work harder. Hope to serve you again soon.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We just made our 2nd visit in 15 months to this property. The new wood floor in a pet-friendly room seems like a great idea. Many motel reviews seem to start with room odor, and this room had absolutely none. We had a nice room, not fancy but good value, and everything as promised.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear LaurieMiami,

Thank you for writing a review and sharing your thoughts on our floors. We are so happy to hear your satisfied experience. I will make sure share your kind words with the rest of my staff and will continuously work harder to provide excellent value.

352-336-3311

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville? Share your experiences!