“Meh” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Tallahassee, Florida
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed at Red Roof Inn this past Saturday night. I was in town on business and just needed a place to stay for one night. The room was fairly clean (bathtub / shower could've used a little more scrubbing), it looked recently renovated with new sink, fixtures and laminate faux wood floors, which is so much better than carpet (in my opinion). There was a small carpeted area next to the bed. The outlet by the sink did not work, as in my flat iron's plug would not stay plugged in because the outlet was too loose. Next time I'll spend the extra $10 for a nicer place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Madeline P,

Thanks for sharing your experience and recognizing our newly renovated product. We are disappointed to hear that we fell short meeting your expectation. Please accept my sincere apology. Providing spotless clean rooms and great customer service is our daily mission. We will continuously work hard to satisfy all our guests. Again, thanks for sharing and hope to serve you again in the future.

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked this based on reviews after our preferred hotels no longer had availability. Room was fairly clean but smelled. We did report it, and could have moved to another room ;wish we had. Staff was friendly. Great selection of restaurants close by.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Cbryana,

Thanks for giving us an opportunity to serve you. I am so sorry that we fell short meeting your expectation. Sincere apology from all of us! We will work harder to satisfy all of our guests' needs. Again, thank you for sharing and hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Pinellas Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

5th time staying at this hotel. I will always stay here when in Gainesville. Never had anything but a good time staying here. We also like how close the restaurants are to the hotel. We take our racecar to Gainesville track and this is the hotel we have all decided is the best value.

Room Tip: I like the higher level rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear David W,

Thank you for sharing your experience and being a loyal customer to Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. We are so glad to hear that you find the best value in this market. Hope to serve you and your family again in near future!

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Red roof Gainesville is a no frills property. Although there is no continental breakfast, fridge or coffee maker in standard room, the price was right and served me well for a quick visit. Room was basic, but spotlessly clean and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear learn2relax,

Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. Providing the spotless clean rooms and the best value in the market is our daily goal. Our superior king rooms provide extra amenities such as micro-fridge and coffee maker. We hope to have a pleasure to serve you in near future.

Leesville, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night during a trip to the Florida Keys and had a nice stay. The rooms were the best part. As someone who used to work for Marriott, I have very high standards when it comes to being clean and except for a stain in the toilet my room passed with high marks. Bed was very comfortable and no noise. Water pressure was good as well. My only minor complaint was when I went down for coffee and the Front Desk Clerk and Maintanence man were talking, looked at me but did not say a word. At Marriott, we were trained to acknowledge and speak to Guests within 5 feet us.

Overall great stay and I would definately come back here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Doug K,

Thank you for sharing your insightful feedback. We truly appreciate and value your comment. We will continously work hard to provide high standard and superior service. Hope to have another chance to serve you in near future!

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Visited my son at UF for the weekend. Perfectly located just off 75. Great value compared to other properties. Great property, immaculate rooms. I will return to this property. Would be even happier if there was in-room coffee, but not a deal breaker!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Todd G,

" Perfectly located just off 75. Great value compared to other properties. Great property, immaculate rooms" Wow! We are so happy to hear your wonderful comment. Thank you so much! We will continuously work hard to provide the best value. Free freshly brewed coffee is available in the lobby 24/7. We are looking forward to serve you in near future.

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had to take a trip from Tallahassee to Gainesville for a procedure at Shands Hospital and needed to be there the night prior. Since it was short notice, I needed to take my pet and child. I loved the new renovations b/c it was nice to have a place that was as allergy free as possible. My husband & daughter have asthma and my dog has allergies so the non-smoking rooms and hardwood floors were great. The room looked just like the picture online. The also had free WIFI which my daughter loved. My husband loved the flat screen TV. It was less than $70 and well woth my money. Location was great! The only negative was that I was up all night prepairing for my procedure and heard someone vacuuming at 5am.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear kellie a,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. We are so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hardwood floor, flat screen T.V and free Wi-Fi. Providing excellent value and service are our daily efforts. Thank you for your motivating review. We hope to serve you again in near future.

352-336-3311

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville? Share your experiences!