“Nice Remodel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nice Remodel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this property many times. And now with the remodel we'll be certain to stay again. Great job on the new look and as always a great staff! The King Suite on the fourth floor was just the right size for my family to spread out and relax after being in the car for several hours. And with a ton of restaurants and shopping around the corner the location couldn't be better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear jgbenson,

Thank you for being a loyal customer to RedRoofInn, Gainesville. We are so happy to hear that our newly remodeled suite was a perfect room for you and your family. Thanks for recognizing the staff. Comment like yours always gives us extra motivation to do a better job. We hope to welcome you back soon!

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed because of TA review. Thanks, TA, it was a great experience. Came back twice during my recent visit to my son and will book again. Extremely friendly people, clean modern rooms and comfy beds. Price was competative for area. No continental breakfast but lots of options in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear TransplantedBuckeye,

Thank you for recognizing our new rooms and sharing your experience with other travelers. It is always wonderful to hear a positive feedback. Feedback like yours always gives us extra motivation to do a better job. I will make sure share your review with my entire staff. Again, thank you so much for sharing and hope to welcome you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 7 weeks off and on for a training. The first stay was fine but the second week I had trouble breathing. I asked the front desk if there had been a dog in the room recently and she couldn't tell me that. I had to leave town early due to this. Besides this, the room was very nice and I loved the updates. I just suggest that only certain floors/rooms be pet friendly due to so many having allergies.

• Stayed November 2012
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear erasure32,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about your pet allergy you have experienced. Red Roof Inn is a pet friendly national hotel chain and pet stays free. Our staff works very hard to maintain high quality of rooms. Guests with a pet usually prefer to stay where they can have an easier access. Guests can also check out the room before completing the check in process. We hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Lamar, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is easy to get to and a good location if you're wanting to visit the University. Very clean, beds felt great, very very small bathroom, no carpet in the rooms. I wouldn't stay if I had to stay several days but for an overnight rest it was perfect for us.

• Stayed November 2012
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear MaryAnn_McC,

We are so glad that you have enjoyed our brand new beds. Thanks for sharing your experience with other travelers. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Gainesville.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Recently stayed at a Hilton, and this place was cleaner! Nice new rooms. Comfy bed and smelled good too! I would recommend. Had a AAA discount too! This will be my hotel when I come to Gainesville! No carpet so no dust!

• Stayed November 2012
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear oneflmanatee1,

Thank you for writing a reveiw regarding your recent stay at Red Roof Inn, Gainesville. We are so glad to hear that you loved our newly renovated room. Providing a clean and comfortable room is our on-going efforts. Again, thank you for sharing and hope to see you soon in near future!

Lake Wales, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I paid $62 (+ tax) for a king room on a Wednesday night in October 2012. This is an excellent value.
Pros:
-Clean throughout. Newly renovated rooms are nice. The pics on their website are accurate.
-Good location, across from Target and Publix.
Cons:
-No breakfast.
-Internet Connections is slower than I would like. < 1 Mb/s. Good enough for checking email, reading the news, etc. But don't expect to stream a movie.
-No gym.

Summary: If you're looking simple, clean, affordable hotel, this is a very good option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
i0257, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Gainesville, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear James T,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are so glad to hear that you found an excellent value in our Superior king room. We continuously strive to offer clean rooms and excellent value in this market. We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in near future.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It's common for us to grab a last minute room while we're on the road and I have found that I can trust the Red Roof brand to be inexpensive and clean. I'm not crazy about pets being allowed but in this case they were segregated from the rooms without pets. I agree with a previous review, the new faux wood floors are much nicer than carpet that is hiding things you can't see. It was recently remodeled and was just what we needed for a lay over on our way to Disney World.

Room Tip: We were on the end away from the highway and it was very quiet.