“The Friendlys, Mrs. Clean, and Mr. Safe live here--and you'll be glad you do, too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 SW 13th Street, Hwy 441 & Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #19 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I recommend this wonderful location to anyone who has to stay in Gainesville, Florida. Manager Mike is incredible and courteous. He and his staff made me feel welcome from the moment I emailed him months ago to set up our stay. My husband had open heart surgery at Shands Hospital. This location is just around the corner--easy access with very little traffic. Each day when I came back to my room it was spotless. It is very quiet here. I was here a whole week; and I always felt safe and very comfortable.
I felt like I was never alone, knowing Mike was at the desk!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 24, 2010
I am so humbled knowing that your stay was very good and we were able to look after your stay
in all areas.Although, we try harder, sometime we fail to satisfy our guests but we want you to know that service is our business and i am glad we ranked good during your stay. I hope your husband is doing well and our best wishes for both of yours well being. We were delighted to
serve you and we sincerely appreciate you taking time and share your opinion with us and many other travellers who read this review and use us. Thanks again for your stay and time.As we approach the new year, my staff and I wish you and yours a very happy,healthy and progressive 2011.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brandon Florida 33511
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

We have been staying at Gainesville's American Best Value Inn for over 10 years during both fooball and basketball seasons. The rate is the best in town, with good ameniities. Staff members are friendly. The site is minutes from the Univeristy of Florida campus. The facilities are clean , air conditioning cold , with heat in the winter. The pool is very large with area for game tailgaters. Easy access from I-75, just a few miles to S.W 13th Street, and lesss than a mile from UF campus. All ground floor rooms. Park at your room door. Comfortable clean beds. You'll enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

Our small group of females had four rooms and each and every room was very clean and there was no problem with bugs. The hotel staff could not be more helpful. The area was very nice and plenty of restaurants nearby including a great Chinese buffet next door. When we checked out, we told the clerk our only complaint was we needed larger coffee cups! They laughed and agreed, saying their repeat guests know to bring their own cups. We will definitely stay here again when in Gainesville.

FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I have stayed here 2 times and had a good experience. Clean rooms and micro fridge were a plus. Close to Shands is the reason I stayed. If you want the Hilton, pay the Hilton.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I came to Gainesville to take my 8 year old son to his first Gator's game and we were on a budget. I am a business traveler who normaly stays at Hilton or Mariott properties, and I was pleasently surprised by this hotel. The hotel is a little older, but the staff cares for the property and maintains it well. Too cold for a swim, but they had a great pool. For the value, I could not ask for a better experience. The hotel is less that 1/2 a mile from campus and less than a 30 minute walk to the stadium. The room was clean, no bugs, and the service at the hotel was world class. Upon check-in we were invited to inspect the room, were told of free coffee and free doughnuts in the morning. Mike (the manager) was very friendly and even called the room to make sure everything was ok. The property was very quiet and I felt safe at this hotel. There was also a fridge and a microwave in the room. I was able to walk to the game and dinner. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HUNTINGTON STATION
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

The quality and cleanliness of the room was average, however, it was very spacious and in a perfect location if you're looking for a cheap hotel near campus. We stayed for a football weekend and walked to the stadium and bars on game day. It only takes ~15-20 minutes to get from the hotel to the stadium, which is not bad at all considering it prevents you from paying high prices for parking and you don't have to deal with bumper to bumper traffic after the game. I would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind staying in an average hotel.

POMAPANO BEACH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Great hotel at a great price with great location to stadium in Gainesville. Nice clean rooms with cold a/c. Nothing fancy but great value for what you need. Staff very friendly and courteous. Would definitely stay here again . { am already planning for next year's football game } . Kudos to this bargain !!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!