“Bed bugs” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Travelocity
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 SW 13th Street, Hwy 441 & Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #24 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Boulder, Colorado
“Bed bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm sorry to say that there were bed bugs in my room. I came in for one night so that I could be well rested for my doctoral defense the following day. I've stayed in places all over the world, so I didn't think that one night in an inexpensive hotel in the US could be too bad. I did NOT get any sleep that night. At first glance, the room looked great. Everything new and clean. The plastic wrap in the mattress should have given it away. I did NOT get any sleep that night! I found two huge adult bedbugs in my bed! I should have brought one to reception, bc when I went there to let them know what had happened. The woman said: "You're mistaken. We don't have bed bugs." And then, "What do you want me to do about it?" I understand that bed bugs can happen to any hotel, so I don't fault them. Regardless, if you are going to stay here, be sure to demand a room without any history of bugs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your stay and letting us know your discomfort. However, before I can
do any resolution, please let me know what was your date of stay and room number withy name so I can fully investigate the matter. As you know this can happen anywhere and upon the
complaint, we fully investigate with pest control and if found with pests, we block the room, treat
and make sure it is safe to release the room for occupancy. Only thing is not matching to your
comments is none of my room has plastic on mattress or box spring and my staff is trained not
to defend us in a manner what you described. So with your co-operation, I like to take proper action on room and staff. We had almost 95 percent occupancy after your stay and has not got
yet any comments like this for any that room. Look forward to hear from you.
General Manager, Mike Patel

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fortaleza, CE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a very modest place, cheap, but acceptable. All rooms are at the ground level, and you can park your car right in front of your room, so no stairs or long distances to walk with your luggage. The room itself is simple, with a king size bed, a small table, small fridge, A/C, and a tube TV with some cable channels. The toiletries are available in dispensers above the sink and at the bathtub. There are a few restaurants around that you can go walking. It is also close to Shands and UF campus. Overall is a good cost-value option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to know that you liked our location
with all ground floor rooms with all the amenities with affordable price. we strive hard to provide
clean and well maintained room with affordable price and many of our guest appreciates this and
compliments us. Hope to serve your needs in future stays. Once again, thank you for your detailed information about our property location and amenities.

General Manager, MP
Ocal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had a pleasant stay. Quiet and clean with a very attentive staff. Would recommend for those looking for good value for a reasonable price. Good location to downtown, Shands, the VA and the University of Florida. Close to many good eateries.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to let us know that you liked our great location
close to VA and Shands hospital, downtown as well as UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA with
our most reasonably priced clean and quiet rooms. We are glad to know that you liked our proximity to some good eating places. Thank you again for your stay and hope to serve your needs again.

MP, Manager
Loudon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed on our way to Key West on vacation, cheap, quiet so ok for the night. Then we got a call we had forgot one of our credit cards in our room. Were very impressed with the staff and told them how much we appreciated their call and that we would definitely stop and stay there on our way back North. That was on Friday May 31st, today June 5th we were notified by our credit card company that some one had and was trying to use the card. So much for honesty, we will pursue criminal charges along with our credit card co.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to let us know about your stay. We are glad you liked our affordable price and a quiet room/ location. We were glad that we found your credit card and were able to inform you. You also indicated that someone tried to use the card but
was not clear whether it was from my hotel or where. .I have been managing this hotel for last 16 years and so far I am proud to say that there has not been a single incident so far of misuse of
guest's card.I left a message to talk to you to find out before I respond to you, yet I have not heard. If it is my staff, I like to know that right away so it help us to take appropriate steps. If not,
the review is not speaking correctly about my property and that part should be removed. I look forward to hear from you to make it right. Thank you again for your time.
General Manager, Mike
ASHEVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I selected this hotel because it was the lowest price for the dates I wanted. It's old but was clean. The desk person was very efficient and helpful. I had asked for a "quiet" location and she recommended that I do a $4 upgrade to a king bed located in the front of the building. It was a quiet location except for abougt 30 minutes of yelling by the couple in the next room when they arrived. Interesting because the next night they did the same thing when they arrived. The location is near the University if that is where you need to be. If it's just an overnight stop, you may want to be out near the Interstate and save a couple of miles.

Room Tip: King room in front is a quieter location.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time and let us know your experience. I am thrilled to know that
you liked our affordable price,good location near UF and efficient staff. I am glad that it was quiet
location except a noisy neighbor. we wish you would have informed our desk and we would have requested them. We strive hard to keep our guest happy and hope you will try us again. Thank you for staying with us.

MP, General Manager
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Simple and functional. No BS. 20 min walk to UF. CVS and Dollar General right there. Adam's Rib, Sawamura Steak, Chinese and Thai buffet right there. Texaco right there. IHOP and adult supercenter down the street on 13th. What more do you want? Seriously. Go Gators! :)

Room Tip: King Bedrooms have the better TVs. Mike and Shilpa are great. Don't be stupid. Reserve here a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and letting us know that our hotel is simple but good
and you liked our convenient location with great value and near to 24 hr. CVS, dollar general store, and some restaurants in walking distance.
Our staff strive hard to give good service and value providing clean rooms and i am
glad that you had that experience. I look forward to serve your needs again soon.Thank you
again for your valued opinion.

MP, General Manager
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The rooms were dated but decent, and had a fridge and microwave which was nice. But, I got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and was greeted by a dead roach. Aside from the rooms and convenient location to UF, the area itself seems very sketchy. We pulled up at night, and felt like we were about to be the subjects in a bad horror movie, where bad things always happen in motels. Had it not been late when we arrived, and had we not had to get up early, we would have tried to get a refund and looked for a place to stay where we felt more safe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your stay and your opinion.I am glad you like our location near UF and refrigerator and microwaves in our rooms I am so sorry to learn that our routine pest treatment activity prior to your arrival caused discomfort by dead pest. Our property has well maintained clean rooms with affordable price and many of our guests likes our price.yes, we will be planning to update our tvs to flat panel and some furniture. When I saw you painted this area sketchy and unsafe,it made me feel ,did you stay at this property, as our record for the area and this hotel itself speaks for it.Our night staff is female and walks to their place of residence.we have about 16 flood lights lighting the place and staff for 24 hours.Sorry you felt that way but glad that your stay was safe.Actually,from what we all see happening around different cities,it is tough to call any area very safe.Thank you again for review. MP, General Manager

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!