“Great temporary accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1900 SW 13th Street, Hwy 441 & Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #24 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Gainesville, Florida
“Great temporary accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was relocating to Gainesville for work and stayed at ABVI from 8/26-8/30 2012 while I search for an apartment. The place is easy to find along the SW 13th St., and nearby amenities include convenient stores [CVS, Kiwi shop(?)] and resturants [Subways, Steak 'N Shake]. Ample parking and it is served by the local RTS bus (13) [Stop: Bros Auto Shop] that runs weekdays and weekends. That was important for me as I don't drive. It is within walking distance to Shands Hospital and the University of Florida.

The room was large [Rm 125(?)] and relatively clean (see some cobwebs at the lightings and high corners and dead insects in the painting). TV, phone, mini fridge and microwave in working conditions. Air-conditioning worked but it was a bit noisy. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the beddings were clean. The toilet and bathtubs were clean and in working conditions.

There are wading pool, laundry room and vending machines although I did not use the facilities. The morning snacks and coffee at the reception were great though.

The staffs were helpful and they helped me get around town and gave some useful advices while I was settling in. Thank you very much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
jamnaba, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to let travellers and us know your opinion of your stay.We were glad you chose us among other choices you had and pleased to see you liked our convenient location and clean room apart from an oversight in cleaning higher at ceiling.
we like to assure you that it has been addressed.we noticed that you like our location
surrounded by 24 hr CVS,24 hr Steak and shake in waliking distance and some other shops. We were glad that you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee. Thank you again and
best wishes for your New home.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here again when my husband had to have more surgery at Shands. Once again, we were both welcomed warmly by Mike and the staff. I felt just as safe this trip, no matter what time of day or night I was in or out of the room. When my stay was extended because my husband's condition required more time than planned for his recovery, there was no problem adding days to my stay--and at the same low rate.
Two weeks later, he once again returned to Shands. I felt like I'd come home as the staff graciously gave me the same clean, safe, quiet room I'd had earlier.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let us and other travellers know that you had good stay and we were thrilled to know that you liked our friendly staff and you felt it was reasonably priced,
clean and safe. I hope he is feeling well from his surgery and recovering well. It was my pleasure to serve your needs and we want our guests to be happy all the time. Looking forward to serve you in future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We had a relative in the hospital and chose this hotel because it's in walking distance of the hospital and because of the low price. We were extremely happy with all aspects of this hotel. The employees were so nice and genuinely cared about our family member. They made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed during our stay. We would definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2012
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking your valuable time to voice your comments about your stay at
our property while your loved one was in hospital. We sincerely hope that they are feeling better.
We were thrilled to know that you liked our location near the hospital as well as the affordable price with friendly service you got from our staff. We were glad to know that you will stay with us again.Our goal is to please our guest with comfortable stay.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I read other reviews and was a bit worried. Nothing to worry about. Clean, quiet, very close to campus. The pool was working. Wifi working. Yes, the interior of the rooms was not elegant but it was clean.
This is the classic roadway hotel/motel I remember when I was a kid on family vacay driving to Florida. You park in front of your room. If they played up the retro vibe it would be spectacular/kitschy.
I particularly enjoyed the vintage pink tiles on the bathroom walls. Tub was clean, spotless groutlines. Fridge and microwave in room. No coffe maker in room but fresh hot coffee in the lobby in the AM. Ms. Gita at the front desk was super friendly.
I would stay again O/N if I was in the Gville area.
I have to agree with mackemtripper, whose review is spot on: the place lives up to its name.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to voice your feeling about our hotel. We are glad that
you found our hotel clean,with good location near campus and you liked our friendly staff. We were thrilled to know that wi-fi was working and you will return. We want to assure our guests that we try hard to make sure that our guests have satisfied stay and each visit they come, we want them to be happy paying affordable value for the room. We hope to serve you and other guests in future.Please be aware that when guests wants to stay extended and ask for coffee pot in room, we provide that as well.

Lake Mary, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This hotel is clean, but the rooms and furnishings are old and worn. There was fresh paint on everything, but everything was cracked, patched, and held together with drywall screws. The A/C was marginal, the commode took eight flushes to clear, mattress sagged, carpets worn. No WIFI to speak of. It's located in a strip of older motels, with unescorted ladies strolling up and down the highway out front. On the other hand, the staff was friendly and helpful; and there was no problem crediting my card when I left after one night. I travel with a lot of equipment; and couldn't risk leaving it in this room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. We pride ourselves in offering great value by providing excellent service with comfortable accommodations. I’m sorry to hear of the concerns you had with the condition of the room. I can assure you that we have addressed any issues. Additionally, we do offer complimentary WIFI,Which is posted on our reader board on main sign as well, however you simply need to contact the front desk staff to obtain the code to sign on.As far as Safety isssue, We have all the time extended guest stay and so far we did not have any major issues and our record at city speaks for that. I hope you will be willing to give us another opportunity in the future. Should you consider staying again, I would kindly request that you advise of my staff of any dissatisfaction during you stay so that we may remedy your concerns immediately, as front desk is staffed 24 hours. Our goal is to ensure you have a comfortable stay.
mackemtripper
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a motel style hotel where you drive up to the door of the room. The room was very clean and the king bed was comfortable. This is a very basic hotel but great for an overnight stay where you are not looking for all the trimmings. Pool looked ok but we didn't use it. There is a Chinese buffet which is actually part of the hotel but is incredibly inconspicuous. So inconspicuous that you wouldn't know that it's there when it's closed! Very handy for local restaurants in town etc and 5 minutes drive to the Interstate. No breakfast, although coffee is available from 6-00am in the lobby. At $56 all in, what more could you ask for. The place lives up to it's name. Yes, we would stay here if needing an overnight in the Gainesville area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jamnaba, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time and letting us and other travellers know
that you had good stay at our property. We are so glad that you found the room very clean and
you thought it was good value. We want you to know that when you call us, you can get sometime good discounts as well. We hope to serve you in future.

352-372-1880
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Mike Patel was very helpful and super friendly. The room was large ,clean and very comfortable. Great bed nice and firm (no sagging in the middle) There is a restaurant on site but it is an all you can eat style place which did not appeal to us,However motel was just a 5 minute drive to the restaurant strip and Bo Diddley park. There is lots of parking and a pool. would have stayed longer if we could ,would definately recommend this place
RIA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!