“Good hotel near I-75 and University of Florida” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW

You added Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3905 SW 43rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Baymont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Georgia
“Good hotel near I-75 and University of Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent a night here for an athletic event at the university. Our room was quiet, spacious, and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is a bit small and the selection was somewhat disappointing. The only fruit was a few overripe bananas. The hotel is a short drive from the university and restaurants and shopping are nearby. Overall, our stay was good.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Henderson, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Fit and finish of the rooms are fine. Clean. Very comfortable beds and linens. Bathroom includes bathtub/shower and toilet: the sink is outside in the room's entry hallway. Our room on the fourth floor was quiet. We stayed a Friday and Saturday night and the hotel was full. Adequate exercise room outside the hotel proper. Conveniently located at the Archer Rd. exit from I-75. The breakfast was standard fare, but the server was unable to keep up with the demand and there was a wait. Enjoyed the evening cookies.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Check in was easy. The room was huge and clean. It had a large area with a sink and granite countertop outside the toilet room which I really like. The room even had an over head ceiling fan. They even had a nice table set up with flowers and water for us. We are priority club members so maybe we got a better room or maybe they are all this nice. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable and on this week long trip this was the best room we had. The Cracker Barrel was right there and we did use it for dinner. We were only staying for one night but did have the free breakfast in the morning which was better then most. Plenty of the usual things, cereal, breads and pancakes. It was enough to start our day. The area felt safe and well lighted. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just a one night stop as I had to be in town for a meeting. The reception was fine, the hotel and room clean. Coffee and tea available in the rooms and lobby. Water bottles were left for my use in the room. Some of the guests were very noisy. It is a college town but nothing was done to quell the noise and since we were just above the reception desk I expect that the hotel staff knew. I would not always expect that level of noise but this trip it was overdone.

Room Tip: book early- the hotel was packed
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Eduardo5060,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saraland, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Holiday Inn Express Gainesville for an overnight stay and was delightfully impressed. Hotel is tucked away behind a Cracker Barrel and is several hundred yards from the interstate. As a result it is a quiet location. On arrival I noticed the parking lot was well lit and the hotel looked fresh. The hotel staff greeted us as we entered and since we had reservations the registration was already done. Basically the staff handed us a key. The room was spacious however their was only one chair in the room making it difficult for both of us to relax before bedtime. We both found the bed very comfortable something that has proven difficult at other hotels. The comfort level of the rooms heating and cooling system was good as well as quiet. The bath was well appointed and clean. Overnight a statement was placed under the door and we were charged the agreed price. We chose not to eat breakfast at the hotel so I will not rate the food. Overall our experience was very positive and we will likely seek out this hotel on a return visit if we are in the area and need an overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rural Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Hotel was busy but we got a quiet nights sleep. Finding a restaurant nearby that didn't have a ridiculously long wait was more challenging and we finally resorted to take out from KFC, which was pretty good!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel every time I've been to Gainesville visiting our son, never had a problem, some of the previous reviews have been excellent but this time they tried to increase my rate by $30 for one night at checkin and told me i could just go elsewhere if i didn't want to pay it. Come to find out there's a basketball game in town so they can get higher rates. The 2 employees at the front desk were RUDE and had horrible customer service skills. I went next door to the CIS who not only honored my rate but gave me some inside tips on how to report this horrible treatment!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TammieVaughn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me regarding this situation. The employee rate program has strict policies that we must adhere to. Please don't feel like the issues were caused by a basketball game in town, we were not sold out on Saturday evening and with the proper employee documentation there would have been no issue with you being able to check in with the employee rate.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW? Share your experiences!