“Glad we stayed here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW

You added Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3905 SW 43rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Baymont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Glad we stayed here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is clean and comfortable. We stay at HIE very often and it is usually our first choice. We used a coupon in a book we picked up at a rest area (always do this - we've saved $$$s over the years doing so) so we got a great deal on our room. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast area was spacious and clean. Our spacious room was updated and clean and the ceiling fan is a nice touch. Breakfast items were restocked quickly. They have plenty of luggage carts and ice machines. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a great stay here. Very nice facility. Room was great, very clean, comfortable and quiet. We got there too late to use outdoor pool but it looked great. The staff was very helpful. They even gave us directions to a fantastic local restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013
Sherwood, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Convenient location with Cracker Barrel adjacent so we could walk over. Room was spacious and clean. Staff is very friendly. They have a large breakfast area.There were three of us traveling, all separate rooms, and all were impressed with the quality of this inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed one night at this well maintained Holiday Inn Express. Rooms were well equipped, complimentary breakfast was good, grounds were very pretty, but the staff was excellent! A very comfortable and relaxing night.

Room Tip: King size rooms are on the non-highway side & very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stopped in for the night on my way down to Orlando. Conveniently located right off the interstate with a traffic light for entering exiting into a nice little side street with a gas station and Cracker Barrel restaurant next door!

Check in with no reservation took all of two minutes and got some great local food suggestions from the associate. The room was clean and good sized with a King Size bed, small desk/sitting area, microwave and refrigerator. The makeup mirror is conveniently located separate from the toilet/shower room so mom can dry her hair while everyone else showers.

The included breakfast bar was a very nice surprise. This is much more than bagels and cold cereal. There were eggs, breakfast meats and a great assortment of pastries and yes, bagels, muffins and cold cereals as well a a nice selection of juices, milk, coffee, etc...

All in all a nice place for a great night's rest and good start to the next day of travel! Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was excited about the large room but not at all with the staff or the cleanliness of the room. There were dead bugs in the shower and cobwebs behind the toilets. I found food wrappers on the floor under the bedspread when I pulled it back from the bed. As a priority member I usually am greated with a welcome package or at least a bottle of water but evidently brand loyality isn't of importance to the staff or management of this hotel.

I noticed after I stayed I was charged a $200 cleaning fee for smoking and I don't smoke. When I called to speak with the management about it they matter-of-factly said that the documentation on my stay shows smoking in the room and the charge stands. As a Platinum member of the priority club I would expect a little more respect and better explaination since I show my loyalty to the company (I spent over 50 nights in the chain last year), I asked what proof they had that a non-smoker smoked in the room and was told it's documented but there are no pictures or proof that I smoked...um because I didn't and I don't!

Room Tip: Book at a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Disenchanted_1212
TammieVaughn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Ma'am, I am sorry that you do not agree with our policies from July 2012 when you were a guest at our facility. You left me a message on Monday after speaking with Carl, my Assistant Manager, I returned your call on Monday and on Tuesday leaving messages for you to please return my call, as of this time I have not heard from you. I would like to discuss this matter with you. This charge was posted to your folio at the time of your departure in July of 2012, it is not a new charge.

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express hotels in which we have stayed. We had an absolutely huge king bed room with a sofa, two chairs, a microwave, and refrigerator. It was immaculately clean and nicely decorated. (The only odd thing was that you enter the vanity area as soon as you come in the room, although the bathroom area is separate. It was odd, but not a problem.) The TV was a large flat-screen model with great reception and alot of channels.
This property is conveniently situated right off I-75, but close to the University of Florida campus. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right beside it, but many other restaurant choices in the immediate area. The parking lot is well-lighted.
There was a very personable young man at the front desk when we checked in. We asked about a certain restaurant nearby that we wanted to try. He knew just where it was and gave us very good directions. There were always fresh cookies, coffee, and tea in the lobby. (We have been to other hotels where the cookies just never seemed to be there during our stay.)
The complimentary breakfast was very good. We especially liked the applesauce cups that were available. (We have never seen these at other hotels in which we have stayed.)
I have only two cons about this property. The bed (very comfortable) only had a very warm comforter on top and not a flat sheet underneath it. On the particular evening on which we stayed, the comforter made us burn up, but we could have used just a light sheet. The only other negative was that it seemed to be a very large property for just one elevator. This was not a big problem for us, but I can't imagine having just one elevator here on a home football weekend.
All in all, we had a very nice stay and would certainly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple