“Disgusting!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3905 SW 43rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Baymont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Neenah, Wisconsin
“Disgusting!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

I think when we checked in was the nicest part of our entire stay! The rooms were not cleaned very well. Cobwebs everywhere!!!! GROSS! We had lady bugs, or Asian beetles, whatever they were, flying all over our room all night long. When we brought the to the front desks attention they wouldn't do a darn thing about it. They told us that it was "season" for them and they aren't allowed to kill them. Fine, whatever...but DO SOMETHING FOR US! Different room maybe? Nothing off out bill either!! It was completely disgusting! And rude!!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear LsMom21209,

Thank you for your feedback of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am happy to read that you had a smooth check in. I am sorry that on this day you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the poor customer service and cleanliness of the room. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best resource of improving our services.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

great proximity to just about anything, right next to the interstate, not very comfortable, alright for a quick place to stay, but I thought it was pretty expensive for a "non-football night" (not associated with a Gator game). come on people you're not running the Biltmore Hotel!!!

Room Tip: not next to the Interstate!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear iceman2880,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We loved everything about this place. Well okay, the breakfast could have been a tad bit better but it had hot eggs and sausage, yogurt, sweet rolls and a little bit of fresh fruit, cereal and COFFEE, hot tea and cocoa. Pretty decent coffee at that. I didn't see make your own waffles and/or pancakes at this one, but that doesn't mean they weren't there because I was with a soccer team this time and in town for a tourney so the dining room was very crowded at 8AM. :-)

Our team manager booked a group of rooms for our team and we were given the choice of a regular room or a larger suite for $10 more. We had planned on having 2 more students with us so we booked the larger room. Honestly based upon the reservation experience which was when they finally got their phone system problems worked out (I was disconnected once and put on hold (which got connected to another guest by accident). But when I finally got through the reservation was so efficient that I thought something must have gone wrong. I confirmed a few days later just to be sure they had me in the system correctly and that was also very efficient. All I can figure is that they had been training a new girl. All that to say I was very pleasantly surprised when we approached the hotel to find it clean and even had some decorative touches that seemed above this category of hotel. There is a nice dining table in the lobby and a sign that says "no food or drink in the lobby". I found that strange since it's very close to the coffee service and the free freshly baked (WARM) cookies!!!

The elevators are a tad slow but as I mentioned the hotel was full. My biggest shock was when we opened the door to our hotel room and not only found 2 HUGE almost floor to ceiling windows but as we walked further into the room realized it continued around the corner in an "L" shape and there was another floor to ceiling window at the end of the "L". Actually picture a "7" without the slant with the door being and the bottom tip of the 7. The 2 (VERY COMFY) queen sized beds along the vertical line of the 7, a nice dining table and stand with micro and mini fridge in the corner (intersection) of the 7 and as you turn left around the corner ANOTHER TV, two nice easy chairs and a small love seat (that sits along the other window) in the horizontal part of the 7.

My son was thrilled since he needed a nice place to rest and do homework (also a college student) in between games. Since we're Priority Club members we also got a 2 PM check out and no one hurried us! We got back to the room at 1:40 after a rainy game on Sunday, my son jumped into a hot shower, we threw our few belongings together and were out by 2:02.

I washed his uniform on Saturday evening and huge it to dry in front of the air conditioner and the washer/dryer were very fairly priced!! I've been in hotels that it took $5 just to wash a couple uniforms in 1 load!

Needless to say our trip was pretty relaxing even in these circumstances and even considering we got some rain for the tournament.

Room Tip: I think it's worth it to upgrade to the "L" shaped suite. These suites are large and s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Had no problems. Easy check in/out, free parking in well lit lot. Good breakfast in morning with lots of choices. Free wifi, easy to login. Clean and comfortable. Near the highway, but we didn't hear a single car from the room. Best rate in town by far when we were booking. Booked direct on Holiday Inn website for best price w/ discounts. Plus, no need to pay in advance, held room w/ cancellation up to 24 hours before w/ no fee. Will stay again and continue to use Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Quick overnight stay to break up a cross country drive. The hotel was in an excellent location with plenty of nearby shopping and restaurants. The room was fine (nothing special but nothing bad either), the staff were all very friendly, the bed was comfortable, and the hotel was reasonably priced. The free breakfast was an added perk. Would definitely stay again if visiting.

Room Tip: Free breakfast in the morning was worth waking up early for.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

we stayed for an overnight on the way to Miami. This is a very clean hotel with friendly staff. my only issue was the bathroom needed some updating. there was a mildewing smell and the traction strips at the bottom of the tub were all coming up. The breakfast was decent.....eggs, bacon, sausage/biscuits, pancakes - typical stuff. The person helping in that area was very nice and attentive to the guests. It was a reasonable price for our family. It will definitely be out stop over place in the future.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My family if three had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express December 22, 2012 while traveling to another destination in Florida. It was conveniently located off of I-75 in a well situated location in Gainsville. A Cracker Barrel was next door along with other resturants and shoping. The staff were extraordinarily courteous and helpful. We stayed in a suite with comfortable amenities. It was quite, very clean, secure, and in excellent condition. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express, without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW? Share your experiences!