“Would definitely stay again. Excellent location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW

You added Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3905 SW 43rd Street, Gainesville, FL 32608 (Formerly Baymont Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Would definitely stay again. Excellent location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Quick overnight stay to break up a cross country drive. The hotel was in an excellent location with plenty of nearby shopping and restaurants. The room was fine (nothing special but nothing bad either), the staff were all very friendly, the bed was comfortable, and the hotel was reasonably priced. The free breakfast was an added perk. Would definitely stay again if visiting.

Room Tip: Free breakfast in the morning was worth waking up early for.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

we stayed for an overnight on the way to Miami. This is a very clean hotel with friendly staff. my only issue was the bathroom needed some updating. there was a mildewing smell and the traction strips at the bottom of the tub were all coming up. The breakfast was decent.....eggs, bacon, sausage/biscuits, pancakes - typical stuff. The person helping in that area was very nice and attentive to the guests. It was a reasonable price for our family. It will definitely be out stop over place in the future.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My family if three had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express December 22, 2012 while traveling to another destination in Florida. It was conveniently located off of I-75 in a well situated location in Gainsville. A Cracker Barrel was next door along with other resturants and shoping. The staff were extraordinarily courteous and helpful. We stayed in a suite with comfortable amenities. It was quite, very clean, secure, and in excellent condition. I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express, without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012
Cherry Valley, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

the staff was great.and the room was not to bad, I would probably stay there again. but the little bug that was in my bed in the morning sort of mad me upset. the front desk was very nice about it ,and was willing to move me. but I had to get on the road back to illinois. for Christmass all this for just $116.89 a night. Leon

Room Tip: just make sure they have sprayed for bug's the day befor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear leosee,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. We will look into your comments and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Far Below Holiday Inn Express quality. I stay at HI Express hotels across the country more than most travelers. This hotel was built as a budget hotel and now they changed the name to HI Express and want to charge HI Express rates.

The hotel staff at check in was nice, but the room was not up to HI standards. They stamp this cute emboss seal on the toilet paper ends, but there was a ladies bobby pin on the carpet, a long hair stuck to the bathroom ceiling and the quality of the room, furniture, shower, etc was a budget hotel as a business traveler rate.

When I went to check out, the desk clerk just took the key, never once asked about the stay, or if I needed anything. Good location, but not a Holiday Inn Express experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Jeff W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased to know that you find our staff nice and our location suitable for your needs. The team takes great pride in their work and they will be happy that it has been mentioned. Please accept my apology if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of our rooms. Rest assured, I will address this and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Ridgetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The lobby is beautiful and the location convenient. However, our room was smaller than we are used to with Holiday Inn Express and the bathroom less than spacious. That said, it was clean and comfortable, as well as quiet for a good night's sleep. I'd really rank it a 3.5 rahter than a 3 but it wasn't really a 4.
Breakfast was exactly like all the other Holiday Inn Express hotels. Good, hot and filling but nothing special. One nice touch was that coffee was available on arrival.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida (home of the Gators!)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I don't like bashing any hotel, especially one that is local to me, but... As a Platinum Holiday Inn member, I am very disappointed in this hotel. First, I find it hard to believe they still allow smoking in this hotel. I smoked for years and believe "smokers have rights too" but I no longer want to live in it. They have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. Granted, they only have a few smoking rooms, still, why have any as the trend for most national chains is 100% non-smoking. I have no desire to smell smoke in my hotel hallway - period.

I left at 7AM for the day. Maid service didn't come to clean my room till after I arrived back, at 4:30PM. I understand about occupancy and turn over, but there is no reason that my room couldn't have been cleaned in the 9 hours I was gone. IF they really couldn't get it done during that time, then I think corporate needs to look at finding a manager who knows how to properly schedule staffing.

Breakfast selection was poor and stale looking. I told the front desk I was disappointed. Don't really think they cared.

Bottom line, in my opinion, you'd do better to stay elsewhere. This is an old Baymont Inn that sits right on I-75. If you do stay here, be sure to get a West facing room, not on the interstate side.

Room Tip: West Side, away from Interstate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear johndfffff,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Rewards member and taking the time to write our hotel a review. I am disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations and breakfast you received.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW? Share your experiences!