I don't like bashing any hotel, especially one that is local to me, but... As a Platinum Holiday Inn member, I am very disappointed in this hotel. First, I find it hard to believe they still allow smoking in this hotel. I smoked for years and believe "smokers have rights too" but I no longer want to live in it. They have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. Granted, they only have a few smoking rooms, still, why have any as the trend for most national chains is 100% non-smoking. I have no desire to smell smoke in my hotel hallway - period.
I left at 7AM for the day. Maid service didn't come to clean my room till after I arrived back, at 4:30PM. I understand about occupancy and turn over, but there is no reason that my room couldn't have been cleaned in the 9 hours I was gone. IF they really couldn't get it done during that time, then I think corporate needs to look at finding a manager who knows how to properly schedule staffing.
Breakfast selection was poor and stale looking. I told the front desk I was disappointed. Don't really think they cared.
Bottom line, in my opinion, you'd do better to stay elsewhere. This is an old Baymont Inn that sits right on I-75. If you do stay here, be sure to get a West facing room, not on the interstate side.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/i-75 Sw Hotel Gainesville
- Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/i-75 Sw Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Gainesville
- Holiday Inn Gainesville
- Gainesville Holiday Inn
- Gainesville Holiday Inn Express
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cozy and charming Holiday Inn Express Hotel Gainesville, Florida is centrally located between the Wild Adventures and Walt Disney World theme parks. Just two miles from the University of Florida, home of the Florida Gators. This charming property is conveniently located off Interstate 75 Exit 384. Special in room amenities include free high speed internet, ceiling fans, free local calls, and fresh baked cookies every Monday through Thursday evening. BUSINESS: Nationwide Insurance, Farm Bureau Insurance, Gainesville Regional Airport HOSPITALS: Shands Hospital, Veteran Administration Medical Center, North Florida Regional Medical Center UNIVERSITIES: University of Florida, Santa Fe Community College Local Attractions are Kanapaha Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Museum, Payne s Prairie Reserve, Hippodrome Theatre, Haile Plantation Golf Course, and Gainesville Raceway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.