“Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
TALLAHASSEE
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The facility is great, everyone is friendly. My only concern is that I accidently left something in the room and obviously the cleaning staff threw it away versus saving it for me. I called back right away and the item could not be found. In fact I called back twice. The item was not something that anyone else could have used but was obviously something that was important to me and easily could have been identified by the cleaning crew as an item that should be saved and held for me. I use this property fairly often and planned to stay there duing my future frequent trips to Gainesville. I felt disappointed that my personal property was not respected I may have to think twice about staying there again. I was also told that this could not be discussed with the cleaning crew as they did not speak English.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Lillian B,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in February. We are glad to hear that you like our facility, the front desk service, and that you plan on visiting our hotel again in the future. In regards to the missing item, both myself and our General Manager did an internal investigation to find out what could have happened to your property. We assure you, our housekeepers are very diligent in making sure not to throw out any private property or belongings, other than food and beverages that have been left open and sitting out. After conversations with the housekeeper who cleaned your room and our hotel’s House Cleaning Supervisor, it seems that the item you have written about was not left in the room that you checked out of. We believe that perhaps the item was misplaced or lost outside the hotel, during your time in Gainesville. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Carthage, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was a pleasure trip to visit Family. We had been traveling all day and were tired. The front desk girl was very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and very quite. Inside the motel was quite and even though we were near the highway, we heard no road noise. Also, I enjoyed having no trouble with Wi-Fi.

Dear Sandra C,

Thank you for writing a review about you and your family’s stay at our hotel in February. We are extremely happy to hear that after a long day of traveling, you and your family were able to have a nice, peaceful, and quiet stay at our hotel. We are glad that you also enjoyed the complimentary WiFi internet in your room. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Plantat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

After a great weekend of Civil War Reenacting, I wanted a place to just shower and sleep great. As an elite member I selected this hotel since it was just off I-75. The check in experience was very smooth and staff was courteous. The room was a nice suite and had more than what I needed. The only problem discovered was that the radio alarm clock was not working even though plugged in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear wonsibes,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our hotel in February. We are so glad that as an Elite Choice Hotel Member, you were able to have a pleasant stay at your hotel during the weekend of the Civil War Reenactment. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've always been happy with Comfort Inns, and this hotel was no different. The staff at the front desk was very helpful, delivering a crib to my room within minutes of check-in. The room was clean and comfortable. Everything worked fine. Breakfast was good. I do not have any complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CIWGeneralManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn University, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Katie D,

Thank you for writing a review about you and your family’s stay at our hotel in February. We appreciate the kind words about our staff’s customer service, and we are very pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you with a crib for your infant. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having
you stay with us soon.

Duluth, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We would recommend this Comfort Inn. The staff was great, room & bed very comfortable and clean, and breakfast was better than we expected- hot food, fresh fruit. The location was great- stayed on the non-freeway side for a quiet time!

Room Tip: Rooms on parking lot side have no freeway sound!
Dear JOSEF B,

Thank you for writing a review about you and your friends’ stay at our hotel in February. It is wonderful to hear that everyone had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We are delighted that everyone with you was also able to enjoy all of our breakfast selection and assortments. We appreciate the kind words about our staff’s customer service. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great environment with friendly staff it is now the first choice for me as well as all of my friends. I have referred several of my friends whom had nothing but good remarks about heir stay at Comfort Inn as well.

Room Tip: Suites with a jaccuzzi is always a plus
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Alicia B,

Thank you for writing a review about you and your friends’ stay at our hotel in January. It is wonderful to hear that everyone had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to also hear that you have referred others to our hotel, and that they were also pleased with their stay. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My daughter, infant grandson and I stayed here in 2 rooms for one night. I haven't often stayed at Comfort Inns, generally preferring Hampton of Holiday Inn Express, but this was a convenient location for us. What a pleasant surprise!

The desk staff were friendly, the two king-bed rooms were large and comfortable, with terrific beds, the A/C-heating was quiet and efficient, and the breakfast was abundant and quite good. We never heard a sound all night, though there were a fair number of guests staying there. The only slight negative was the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway outside our non-smoking rooms; this may have been as a result of a meeting of some sort taking place on that floor.

This was the best value I have encountered recently, and we've been traveling quite a lot. I would certainly stay here again when we are in the Gainesville area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear dixieagle,

Thank you for writing a review about you and your family’s stay at our hotel in January. It is a real pleasure to know that you and your family truly enjoy staying at our hotel, when visiting the Gainesville area. We are delighted that everyone with you was also able to enjoy all of our breakfast selection and assortments. We appreciate the kind words about our staff’s customer service, our air conditioning units, and the quietness of our hotel. On behalf of all of the staff at the hotel, thank you for staying here at the Comfort Inn University, and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Director of Sales

Been to Comfort Inn University? Share your experiences!