You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
“My best hotel ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel and the managers of this hotel and the employee are the best. This is my favorite hotel ever I love to go to Gainesville because the service and the employee of this hotel I' m going back every time when it's is a gator game .thank you team for great experience.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Temple Terrace, Fl, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to find probably the most comfortable bed ever in this recently updated facility. The staff did admirably well hosting our state meeting and efficiently handling multiple banquet and meeting events. No charge for parking was a plus!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Coconut Creek, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I like to stay at Hiltons because they are predictable, clean and have a courteous staff....... Usually. I was here for only one night on a business trip. I opened the drapes and there was a quart sixed zip lock bag on the floor. I went to sit down in the chair and there was a cardboard pull strip from some package on it. I went to brush my teeth and after the water ran for about 20 seconds, the sink would not drain. Obviously whomever was supposed to clean the room did not do a very good job. I have stayed in this hotel before and never had a room like this.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had to meet someone from Tallahassee at this hotel for a fairly brief one (1) plus (+) hour meeting and they were late so I asked to see a room to get an idea of the hotel. None at all were clean yet I was told because they had been booked solid the night before - the time was after 1 p.m. so that is understandable. Staff seemed very nice and friendly, the lobby and adjacent restaurant and seating areas were well-kept. Parking can be a bit tough because this hotel being right near the University is apparently a staple in many people's travel. All in all, it seemed nice, but again, I have never had the opportunity to actually see a room. Also, I was very disappointed to learn that a previous exceptional restaurant manager is no longer there and only left a couple of weeks ago - and the position has not been filled. Wonder what the future will bring?

Marianna, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Checked in for a 2 night stay for a conference on the premises. Check-in was quick and staff accommodating. They told me that room that I was assigned was on a pet-friendly floor, and since I'm not much for pets I asked to be moved and they accommodated my request. Cleanliness of the hotel is the issue that I had. The ice machine had trash and "stuff" in the drain pan area and the guest room wasn't clean, especially the bed. Housekeeping responded to correct the problem. Conference area was maintained adequately and the meals provided for the conference were good. Parking lot was adequate and well-maintained. A little concerned when there was 2 or 3 police on the premises in the evenings. Someone reminded me "It is a college town." Probably won't stay there again.

Gainesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The front desk staff was awesome! Great work taking care of our family! Especially need to commend Sonya for her hard work. She went above and beyond to hep us out! The staff was attentive and friendly. Everything went smoothly from check in to check out.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tom m, Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
David,
Thank you for the great comments from your recent stay with us. It was great to ready how attentive and friendly the staff was. We also hope that all worked out for the special weekend you had with your family.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards,
Tom MacDonald
Pensacola, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel, while very nicely appointed, does not offer free internet in the guest rooms unless you are a member of their awards program. Also - the rooms do not have refrigerators. This was a big disappointment to us. We did not make travel arrangements, our employer did. We actually selected another nearby hotel which offered free internet, refrigerators in the room, and breakfast (aka more coffee!). Unfortunately the person making the arrangements for us thought we would rather stay here, and without asking, booked the room. Adding the cost of Internet access ($10/day) raises the cost for this hotel.

Holly V,
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are looking at the possibility of refrigerators in our rooms, however at the present time we do have some available upon request.
Holly we do appreciate the feedback and they all get shared with the entire team. If your travels do bring you back please let me know at tmacdonald@hiltongainesvilleuf.com.

Warm Regards,
Tom MacDonald

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!