“College visit. Dated hotel. Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
new york
“College visit. Dated hotel. Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I usually like hilton. We came here to visit uf we walk in and the carpets are old and stained. Room has hair all in tub and not cleaned well. TV service is not working and the pool is closed. I have stayed at many college hotels and this is the worst I would check other hotels in the area and pass on this until they renovate.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Southport, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hilton the University of Florida is a quality hotel that provides excellent hotel facilities for both those attending events at the University and for travelers through the area. We had a very nice room and received excellent service from the hotel staff. The fitness center was equipped with high quality equipment that we were happy to use. The bar area was very nice. The only disappointment was the set up of the dinning facilities for breakfast. There was no a la carte dinning provided. One would have thought in such a large hotel that such would have been available. Still, the hotel lived up to our high expectations for a hotel in the Hilton chain.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

seminole, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The staff at this hotel was amazing. I arrived, because my son, a UF student was admitted into Shands Hospital through the ER. I called the hotel on my way up from St. Petersburg, Fl. and spoke with Julia at the front desk. She said there was a room available and to drive carefully.
I arrived, Julia checked me in and I was there for the next 12 days. The hotel was completely booked, however, the Manager Tom McDonald permitted me to stay as long as necessary. The staff became a second family during my stay.The manager, Mr. Mr. Donald made me feel safe and comfortable. My son was very ill and my hours were unpredictable, yet, the room service staff, Priscilla, Christy and everyone, made certain I received meals whenever I called down. They even brought me, cookies with notes and smiles. The front desk staff; Julia and Aleshia asked about my son's health daily. Thanks to the extraordinary staff a difficult two weeks was a pleasant,comfortable home away from home.

Room Tip: I had a fabulous view of University of Florida. I could walk to campus.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My company has used the Gainesville UF Hilton on many occasions for meetings and software user conferences. We continue to return to this Hilton property because of the location and the exceptional staff.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Defiance, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Well run hotel. Clean rooms, courteous professional staff. Great lobby, rooms and restaurant. the attention to detail and prompt service throughout the hotel made me fell like I was staying at a resort.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Lansing, MI, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a very nice hotel with nice amenities. Bed very comfortable. Elevators are fast :) Breakfast buffet is quite good. Nice outdoor pool. Wireless Internet in my room was awful, so don't get your hopes up about relying on it - four PC terminals in the lobby for guest use though. Would consider another stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm due to be in Gainesville every week through April and have stayed at this hotel for the past three weeks, Mon. - Thur's, and I've been so disappointed I've cancelled all my reservations and am switching to the Hilton Garden Inn.
The first week I was there I found that the TV stations are spotty at best and the reception is awful.
You can't plug anything into the tv's HDMI ports cause they have them disabled.
The WiFi rarely works and if out does it's very weak. AND
The ICE machines on the 2nd & 6th flora don't work.
Three weeks later nothing is better, they just don't care and aren't fixing it.
The Restraunt is only OK, the good is limited and costly. Not worth the money they want.

Take my advice and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Even Hampton Inn would be better.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!