“Conference Buffet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Save Saved
You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #12 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Ocala, Florida
“Conference Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I attended a Conference for the first time at the above referenced hotel yesterday (6-24-2013) and mid-morning we were told that if the majority of us cared to stay in for lunch, the hotel would create a Buffet just for us in the back dining room area. Almost everyone raised their hands to stay in and not hassle with traffic to find food and then be back within one (1) hour. The Buffet was absolutely lovely. A make-your-own sandwich station with several cold meats, cheeses and condiments, a fresh fruit and cheese station, complete salad bar and a long dessert station with numerous cakes and other sweets. The price for us was $10.99+tax and gratuity - well worth the 30% gratuity I chose to give to Denise, even though I wanted to only drink water. "Denise and Darcy" were the servers assigned to the area I sat in and they were extremely attentive and very professional. I asked to speak to the Food & Beverage Director to compliment and Mr. Wagih William expressed how grateful he was for the compliments and was spot-on in being as gracious as can be. The only problematic issue the entire day was the temperature in the well-appointed large Conference Room - it was "freezing" for the majority of us all day, despite some adjustments that were reportedly made. I cannot speak to the rooms because I was there for only this Conference, but the staff in general was very professional, friendly and attentive. "Abel" escorted me the the Conference Room in the morning when I arrived at the front desk to ask for directions and the new manager made several trips down to check on issues. I would go back to this hotel based on all the aforementioned positives with an assurance that the very cold air conditioner preferences of most businesses in Florida - that the temperature would be adjusted to a more comfortable 72 degrees at least! There was relatively easy access to the hotel from I-75 for travel. Bravo Mr. Wagih William for seizing on a business revenue opportunity for the hotel by creating the great Buffet for our Conference group. Now that is paying attention to a potential customer base and representing your department and hotel beautifully! Again, my sincere appreciation. Alicia

Room Tip: No experience with the rooms - only the large Conference Room with very comfortable, adjustable chai...

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Arapahoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our Van Driver Abel reacted quickly to prevent an accident as a car tried to change lanes into the side of our vehicle. His calm demeanor and quick thinking was impressive! Abel shared a sense of humor as he safely delivered us to the airport and left us smiling. At a bad moment our Van Driver Abel was his best in trying times! Wow ... what a wonderful and thoughtful man!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was taking my daughter to freshman preview at UF, and traveled up with her without other family members. I chose this hotel because of its proximity to campus. I walked right up to the desk and checked in. The food & beverage manager greeted me with a cool beverage. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Ample closet space and a separate dressing area from the bathroom. After an exhausting day of meetings, I was greeted that evening by the same man with a fresh cut red rose, which still looks beautiful four days later. Everyone in the hotel was helpful and friendly. Room service was on time the first morning, and I ate breakfast in the restaurant the second morning. As women traveling alone, we felt very safe there. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Besides the good facilities at Hilton UF Conference Centre, the front desk staff, the drivers (especially Abel) and the restaurant staff were nice and kept smiles that made me felt secured.

There was always someone to attend to you at any given time. I love site-seeing and shopping and was therefore excited with the provision of vehicles to take participants of the 34th PURC/WB International Training Program to and from Town. That made both movement and shopping easy and comfortable.

I will miss the fresh vegetables served at breakfast and snack times.

Rahma

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stay at this hotel because of the service that I get whenever I stay here. I checked in the other day and asked to speak with Jason, he was the Front Office Manager there and they told me the company is going a different direction and decided to get rid of his position. I do not know why they would get rid of him. He was always helpful and very friendly every time I stayed there he remembered me and knew what I wanted. He was also like that with several other guests as well. I do not think the Hilton will be the same without him there. He made it feel like a home away from home, when I traveled to Gainesville for business. I hope who ever is in charge of the Front Desk now is as great as he was, I just never met the new person yet. Never at the desk??

Germantown Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just wanted to thank the Director Mr. William of Food & Beverage for the outstanding service and all the smiles his department provided. The food was outstanding and they make you feel like your at home!

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Staying here for 2 nights over a working weekend in the area, the hotel is situated in an area that requires a drive to most amenities. The hotel itself is very nice but note that it is NOT central, and is a 10 minute easy drive to access restaurants, shops etc.

I have given this average as it is very average. There is nothing wrong with the hotel at all, it is comfortable, friendly, etc. On the other hand this is to be expected from Hiltons so I would say there is nothing above average.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite expansive and a room above the bar area could be noisy, so I would go for higher...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!