“Great Service and Location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Save Saved
You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #12 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Spokane, Washington
“Great Service and Location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here four three days visiting family in the area. The service at the bar in the evening and breakfast was fantastic. Mr. Williams took very good care of my wife and I. Vito the bartender is first class. Thanks for a great stay. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Where shall I start? The toilet was clogged, the bathtub/shower would not drain and the air conditioner sounded like an express train coming thru and would not cool the room even though the thermostat was set at 65. The chambermaid took away my wife's shower cap and did not replace it. There is no turn down service, so if you happen to shower before you go out in the evening the bathroom is in disarray.

On the plus side. The elevators were fast to arrive, the staff was courteous and the location and parking were adequate. The mattress was comfortable but the pillows were awful to my taste. The extras in the bathroom were fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Good afternoon Jreyer,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Front Office Manager at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center and Hotel. First and foremost I want to apologize that you had issues during your stay with us. We take every effort to ensure that our guest's experience is a positive one and a memorable one and that fact that yours was neither is very disappointing.

I thank you for the positive comments that you made about our staff. We ensure that all of our team members make our guests feel as if they are home away from home. I am also happy to read that you liked the Peter Thomas Roth products that are in our bathroom rooms.

Again, I apologize that you had issues with your room and I would like to know if you can email me your information so I can make sure that the issues you had in your room are corrected. I thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how your stay was. It is comments like yours that allow us to do a better job.

I look forward to hearing back from you, my email address is jason.keltz@hilton.com

Jason Keltz
Front Office Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Gainesville from Maryland while our daughter has been a student athlete at the University of Florida for the past four years. The UF Hilton has been our home away from home as it has the best location for the university and is the absolute best hotel (by far) in the Gainesville area. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel offers all of the amenities that you would expect from a full service hotel including a full bar, restaurant, conference center, fitness center, awesome pool, etc. The best part of the UF Hilton is the staff! They are very accommodating and always willing to go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. This starts with the front desk staff, the management and the food service staff. It is always a pleasure to come down to breakfast and receive such a warm/friendly welcome from Mr. Wagih. His staff in the food service area are top notch! If you are a gator fan, the UF Hilton is the place to stay. You definitely feel you are a part of Gator Nation when you stay the the UF Hilton.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for the past 2 1/2 weeks while my son in law has been a patient at Shands Medical Center. It is amazing to me that this hotel, easily the best in Gainesville, does not appear on Trip Advisors list, much less at the top. The only reason I can imagine for this is that it is probably the most expensive hotel in town (and worth it). While the rooms and bathrooms are spacious and comfortable, they would greatly benefit from an upgrade. The areas in which the hotel shines are the quality of the staff and dining. The staff is more than friendly and helpful. They interact well with each other and that leads to superior customer service. I have eaten breakfast at the breakfast buffet almost every morning. The quality and assortment of the buffet, including made to order omelets, waffles, etc., are as good as I have encountered at the best hotels. I have also had dinner at the hotel almost very night. The menu is varied and the food very well prepared. I wouldn't want to come back to Gainesville, if I could not stay at the Hilton University.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Safet Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best hotel for any event in the Gainesville area. Whether it's a major sporting event, visiting students, events at the Convention Center, other events or business; this you best choice. The personable yet professional care everyone there gave us made us very comfortable. The wait staff at the restaurant was very helpful and accomodating, particularly Mr. Waghi.

Room Tip: Don't know about the spa
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Acceptable, clean, with a good-quality staff. However, on the upper-level, the Hilton's policies show some bad judgement. A few months ago they decided to charge $10.00 (plus tax) for internet. Yes, there is complimentary internet in the lobby but to pay these days for internet in the room is just cheap. I like coffee in the lobby...didn't happen. And, a USA Today outside of my room in the morning, again, this is an extra charge. The restaurant is strange, one-half of the menu is a wine list in a place clearly not for fine wine. The other half consists of a few (very few) selections. Little things that I like in a hotel were not there. Short-cutting customers on some very simple and inexpensive features.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Good afternoon Judian96,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Front Office Manager at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center and Hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service and USA Today Newspapers. While we do charge a nominal fee for the Internet $9.95 (tax included) we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services.

We do offer complimentary coffee in all of our rooms, but if you wanted to go outside of your room to get some fresh brewed coffee, we do offer complimentary coffee in our Albert's Resturant.

One of the many features that Hilton Hotels offer that no other hotels offer is a complimentary version to the USA Today online and we also do provide copies on every floor by the elevators. Hilton believes in leading the way in being a green hotel and we have decided to still provide copies of the USA Today but believed that we can be better stewards for the environment to provide the newspaper online.

I apologize that you did not feel that our menu provided a full variety of options on the menu and I will speak to our food and beverage manager about your concerns. I can assure you that as a hotel we will keep your feedback in mind and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Safe Travels.

Jason Keltz
Jason.Keltz@hilton.com
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel during UF graduation weekend and we could not have been more impressed. The facilities were excellent (well-decorated, spacious, very clean) and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Every need we had, any one of multiple very helpful, very professional staff members saw to it that it was met. Despite it being arguably their busiest weekend of the year, they managed to make the hotel feel like a home away from home and treated us like family. No hotel in Gainesville could compare! The restaurant (especially the breakfast) was fantastic and Wagih William, the manager, went out of his way to make sure our family event was a special one. Thanks Hilton Gainesville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!