“A wonderful way to visit out daughter, excellent staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

Save Saved
You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #12 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Safet Harbor, Florida
“A wonderful way to visit out daughter, excellent staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best hotel for any event in the Gainesville area. Whether it's a major sporting event, visiting students, events at the Convention Center, other events or business; this you best choice. The personable yet professional care everyone there gave us made us very comfortable. The wait staff at the restaurant was very helpful and accomodating, particularly Mr. Waghi.

Room Tip: Don't know about the spa
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

481 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Acceptable, clean, with a good-quality staff. However, on the upper-level, the Hilton's policies show some bad judgement. A few months ago they decided to charge $10.00 (plus tax) for internet. Yes, there is complimentary internet in the lobby but to pay these days for internet in the room is just cheap. I like coffee in the lobby...didn't happen. And, a USA Today outside of my room in the morning, again, this is an extra charge. The restaurant is strange, one-half of the menu is a wine list in a place clearly not for fine wine. The other half consists of a few (very few) selections. Little things that I like in a hotel were not there. Short-cutting customers on some very simple and inexpensive features.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Good afternoon Judian96,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Front Office Manager at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center and Hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service and USA Today Newspapers. While we do charge a nominal fee for the Internet $9.95 (tax included) we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services.

We do offer complimentary coffee in all of our rooms, but if you wanted to go outside of your room to get some fresh brewed coffee, we do offer complimentary coffee in our Albert's Resturant.

One of the many features that Hilton Hotels offer that no other hotels offer is a complimentary version to the USA Today online and we also do provide copies on every floor by the elevators. Hilton believes in leading the way in being a green hotel and we have decided to still provide copies of the USA Today but believed that we can be better stewards for the environment to provide the newspaper online.

I apologize that you did not feel that our menu provided a full variety of options on the menu and I will speak to our food and beverage manager about your concerns. I can assure you that as a hotel we will keep your feedback in mind and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Safe Travels.

Jason Keltz
Jason.Keltz@hilton.com
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel during UF graduation weekend and we could not have been more impressed. The facilities were excellent (well-decorated, spacious, very clean) and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Every need we had, any one of multiple very helpful, very professional staff members saw to it that it was met. Despite it being arguably their busiest weekend of the year, they managed to make the hotel feel like a home away from home and treated us like family. No hotel in Gainesville could compare! The restaurant (especially the breakfast) was fantastic and Wagih William, the manager, went out of his way to make sure our family event was a special one. Thanks Hilton Gainesville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you're looking for excellence in lodging, hospitality, food, beverage, service and impeccable facilities, it's all here. From reservations, check-in and easing into your clean, comfortable room with the best bedding in Florida, this Hilton does its all for you. Even if you're not a member of the Gator Nation, you'll become its naturalized citizen on your first stay here. Every member of the staff is well trained, most courteous and helpful -- and all are sincerely interested in you and what you need to make your stat more comfortable and enjoyable.

Don't miss out on visiting -- and a long, lingering fun time -- in the "Two Bits Lounge," named after the UF Gators most respected longtime fan and volunteer alum cheerleader whose legend spans decades. Thanks to the great work of the warm, congenial Gary Goldman in restaurant/lounge management, you will have a wonderful time. The ambiance, the food, drinks and service are all superb, without being stuffy. Casual or business dress, all mix well here. And the best bar-tending dynamic duo that I've ever met --- in the lovely and talented Candace and her fun, engaging colleague, Vito -- you'll want to stay just to enjoy the repartee and banter with them. It's a soft sports bar, with great and comfortable decor -- and the restaurant right next door. There is no other place to stay in Gainesville if you value quality, value, excellence in facilities, service and comfort. Room service also is simple and reliable -- and timely, thank goodness.

Our family loves this Hilton -- and its staff, facilities and guest commitment -- so much that we are holding a wedding reception there this summer for our youngest daughter! For business, pleasure or a combo, this is it. And your proximity to I-75 and the UF campus are both extremely convenient. Rates are really excellent if you plan ahead even a little -- and ask about any specials.

The best mall in town, The Oaks, is a hop,skip or jump. Courtesy limo bus service helps you if you don't have a car. Try it!

Again, you'll feel like you've won a lottery if you stay here -- especially if you let Candace, Vito and bossman Gary Goldman rock your good time in the Two Bits Lounge.

I look forward to every return visit -- and even if you don't bleed Orange and BLue, this Hilton has to be on your bucket and re-bucket list!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The UF Hilton is a great facility, and I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here. Unfortunately, on my last visit, I was the victim of a cruel prank that I am hopeful the hotel has tried to address. After arriving late and rather tired, I was awakened at 4:30AM by an alarm clock. I checked all of the alarm clocks in the room, and it was not them. I put my ear to the wall and door of the adjacent rooms, but it was not coming from there; it was clearly in my room. I finally found the source of the noise, which was inside a cabinet that houses the safe. After pressing all of the buttons on the safe, the alarm continued. The front desk attendee came to assist, but he was perplexed as well. The cabinet was too large to reach behind to unplug the safe, so the attendant instead reached behind the safe in search of a power source. That's when he found a free standing, plastic alarm clock someone had hidden as a prank. Needless to say, I was rather annoyed that someone would do this. The attendant was very nice and apologized, but I really wasn't able to go back to sleep after it all. I am hopeful that the hotel has tried to find the source of the prank, and if it turns out to be an employee, I hope that person loses his/her job. I really don't want you to not stay at the UF Hilton because of my unique experience, but now you know where to look if this happens to you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel is spotless and the staff is friendly and attentive. It feels like home away from home. I was there because my dog required surgery at UF Vet School (excellence abounds there too!). The staff at the Hilton could not have been more thoughtful and interested in our pup's progress. A very friendly pet hotel! The food, both in the dining room as well as at the 2-bits bar, offers a great selection and is excellent. The service is impeccable and friendly. Should you have placed a "do not disturb" sign on your door in the morning, you will find that housekeeping has cleaned your room in the mid afternoon while you were out. I am widely traveled and have had many "experiences". I highly recommend the wonderful experience of staying at the Hilton UF Conference Center. I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The hotel is spotless and nice. Rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The staff is great and the fitness center is very well equipped (free headphones to use, towels, water, etc.). The pool and outdoor area is great as well. Very close to UF. I only wished it had free wifi. $10 a day seems like a lot when you pay $180 a night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Good Afternoon AVGW,

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so happy to read about the great things you said about our rooms and fitness center. We recently added brand new equipment to our fitness center in order to provide a better product to our guests that use it. I am also happy to read on how the staff was so helpful. Again, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of the hotel, I welcome you back.

Go Gators,

Jason Keltz
Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!