“Restaurant & Food Services OUTSTANDING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Restaurant & Food Services OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Without a doubt, the staff and food at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center is exemplary. Wagih William is the Director of Food & Beverage and goes above and beyond to make your experience remarkable. While having breakfast one morning, I was unable to print a job to the lobby printer. Wagih literally took me to his office and printed my business papers for me. The staff in the restaurant is always friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center for your stay in Gainesville, FL.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had to change rooms after unpacking, because A/C was not working. Does not include breakfast in price of room as most other hotels in area do. This was a personal trip, out of my own pocket. Would not stay there again unless it was the headquarters hotel for a function i was attending.

Room Tip: Check A/C and TV BEFORE you unpack.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Always enjoy our stay at this hotel. Stayed there again last night. Had two other parties with us. Everyone had a great experience. Great location. Clean. Friendly staff and smiling faces. Mr. W. William always makes us feel welcome and ensures our experiences in Two Bits and the restaurant exceed our expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were very happy with the service and friendliness of the staff. The service in the restaraunt was super. The accessible room was well set up. The bed was the right height to make it easy for one to transfer from the wheelchair.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nirvana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

...is one great waitress...kind and smart and a million dollar smile...goes with the flow...maid service overall decent and bellmen great...esp. the soccer playing one! They need refrigerators and microwaves in every room but are happy to provide them, delivered.

Room Tip: They WILL give you a lift to the airport...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would have scored this an "excellent", however my husband and I both agreed that the Front Desk Supervisor Theresa took away from our experience. She was rude and condescending to us and the other guests on several occasions. We asked another female front desk agent for a late checkout and Theresa chimed in telling us that the hotel was sold out and they couldn't extend the noon c/o time to 1 PM. Upon leaving there was a line for people who wanted to check in early and Theresa was fuming explaining that check in was at 3 PM and they were all very early. The guests don't care about all of that. Give them an idea of when they can check in and put a smile behind it. I am a G.M. at a hotel and I can tell you I would never have an associate with Theresa's poor demeanor working with the public. You would be wise to relieve her of her current responsibilities as she seems miserable doing her job. We are moving to Gainesville in May to work at the University and I can tell you yours will not be a hotel I recommend to my colleagues or friends. Theresa just lost you leisure business that any hotel will be glad to pick up. Observe your F.D. staff on a more frequent basis and you might find out a few things. Housekeeping was excellent!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month around Christmas time and my husband and I had a problem with our sink and television. I contacted the front desk the morning after we checked in to let them know we had a problem. After having lunch at Albert's Restaurant (where we had excellent food and an amazing server named Candace) we returned to our room to find that our problems were not resolved. I then contacted the front desk once again and within 5 minutes a kind young man named David from the maintenance department came up and got our television working properly and also resolved our sink problems. After apologizing for not getting service that morning, he then offered us breakfast coupons, which we declined because of our H Honors status we already receive breakfast coupons. He then asked if there was anything else he could do to help us for being inconvenienced. The problem being resolved was all that we needed. My husband offered him gratuity for helping us in such a timely manner which he politely declined and apologized once again for no one helping us when we initially called. It was great to be treated with respect and we will be returning to this hotel anytime we are in the Gainesville area, thanks to this kind gentleman. Upon checkout the front desk clerk thanked us for our loyalty and I was amazed that they remembered that I was an H Honors guest.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!