“Nice overnight stay, close to campus” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1714 SW 34th Street, Gainesville, FL 32607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
FL Residents - $25 Credit
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Chicago Suburbs
“Nice overnight stay, close to campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This place had all the typical Hilton Amenities. Wish there were an indoor pool. The bar/ Restaruant was decent, and the rooms were nice. For the price (around $129) I would say very good. Service was good,.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have good and bad things to report. First, the good - as a conference facility the Hilton couldn't be better. It is located near Interstate 75, it's easy to find (I found it alone and after dark), the parking is ample and well lit, and shopping is nearby. The conference rooms are well appointed with a knowledgable staff, the room temperature was perfect, and excellent food was provided for breakfast and other breaks. Another highlight was Albert's, the on-site restaurant. Albert's was more like fine dining than hotel food. Now the bad - I spent two nights there, checking in late at around 8:30 PM. My room wasn't ready yet. I heard this same report from numerous other guests. The front desk told me to have a drink at the bar and handed me a voucher. What I wanted was to relax, shower, and review some notes. When I got in my room, I found the carpet worn and stained, the room did not smell fresh, and I had to clean the bathroom sink before I could use it. The hallway carpets are also worn and stained. My room TV was great and the work desk was nicer than most, but the rooms need upgrades for sure. Our meeting sponsors did an outstanding job planning and presenting, so all things considered, it was very worthwhile.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Do not stay here if possible. Expensive qualtiy inn. The manager Iskari is horrible. No social skills at all. The toilets don't work. The rooms are noisy and the food is OK. Front desk is handled by bitter people with no hospitality at all. If you want to be treated like a rude foreigner than this is the perfect hotel for you. If you want to be treated with respect go to another hotel or Orlando.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Good afternoon Wallace H,

My name is Jason Keltz and I am the Front Office Manager at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center and Hotel and I am writing you in regards to your most recent stay with us. I first want to deeply apologize to the way that you were treated by the manager and also for the way some of my front desk staff treated you, I apologize that you feel that they are bitter people that have no social skills. I would like to know more about what happened so I can address it with the manager and also with the front desk staff. I am also deeply concerned that the staff did not give you the respect that you deserve.

Please email me at jason.keltz@hilton.com or I can be reached at 352-371-3600 ext.1216

I thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us and I look to hearing back from you. I hope that you have a great start to your week.

Jason Keltz
Front Office Manager
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I originally had a problem trying to book the room online for the price advertised at $90. When prompted to "BOOK NOW", the price came up at $99. I called the hotel directly and spoke to the night manager and explained my dilemma. While not initially convinced she should give me the price , she eventually caved in and gave me the $90 price. The pool was being renovated, so I think they had a special deal going. The hotel is conveniently located near the University of Florida, and around the corner from plenty of Shopping and restaurants. The hotel staff was cheerful and quick to check us in. The room was well appointed, spacious and clean including a microwave and fridge. We also tried the room service, which was quick and well done. The check out was as easy as could be. A good place to stay.

Tequesta, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were in Gainesville last weekend for a 1 night stay. It was a football game day so hotel options in town were overpriced & minimal. I booked this hotel because the price did not seem to be overly inflated compared to some of the limited service properties in town....I figured for the same or similar price, might as well go with the full service property. At the last minute, I submitted a Priceline bid & was able to reduce my rate even further, which was surprising due to the business a Gators football game brings to town.

Anyhow, arrived mid afternoon & was very pleased with the location, the greeting by the front desk clerks & the clean, modern look of the property. Standard Hilton product, I'd say.

We did ask for double beds but none were available which I understand it was not guaranteed so that was ok. We then ordered a rollaway & was told there may not be any left but we were lucky and one was quickly dropped off at the room. These issues are no surprise when there is a game going on & you can expect large groups to be occupying the rooms to capacity...if its not clearly guaranteed, you cannot count on a specific bedding set up.

Room was fresh but showed some damage in the way of a relatively small hole in the bathroom drywall, ink markings on the ottoman & stains on the carpet....I'd guess these are signs of the type of use this property gets by the abundance of partying fans that make up a large portion of the business here....it was no big deal to me, particularly at the reduced rate I was paying but I'd expect some would find this unacceptable....?

We enjoyed a couple cocktails in the lounge and service & prices were in line with what we expected. Drove a couple streets up to Archer to find some dinner & there was an abundance of choices.

In the morning, we were pleased to find complimentary coffee set up outside the restaurant and also noted that "Starbucks" was offered for purchase near the front desk for those that just can't live without the name brand stuff.

All in all, pleased with our stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jason K, Front Office Manager at Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Good afternoon traveltina ,

I am Jason Keltz and I am the Front Office Manager at the Hilton University of Florida Conference Center and Hotel. I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to tell us how great your stay was.

I want to apologize that there was some damage to your room. If you can email me at jason.keltz@hilton and include your room number so I can make sure our staff takes care of that issue.

Again, I thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know how your stay was. We all look forward to you coming back and staying with us again.

At your service,
Jason Keltz
Front Office Manager
Gainesville Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We did not stay at the hotel but we ate our Thanksgiving meal at the hotel in Albert's Restaurant. It was a buffet. The food was wonderful. There was many choices. There was a salad bar, appetizers, cheese and fruit platters, a dessert table, plus the meat, and sides. It was laid out in an orderly fashion. The cost of the buffet included the entire meal plus drinks no alcohol though. I would recommend to have reservations as they were super busy by the time we were leaving. The service was wonderful. I would definitely think about going next year.

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Well this is our second time staying at the hilton. My wife and I are moving to gainesville and lloking for a place so we stayed at the hilton while we look for a house and our stay was nice there the place was clean and the rooms were clean and the beds were so freash our check in was easy and the staff was all friendly.... We went to alberts to eat breakfast bar there and I must say the food was outstanding. The manger there was friendly and outgoing, Wagee I think was his name and our server Dana was great she took really good care of us. If you stay at the hilton you have to go have the breakfast it was out of this world,,, Thank you hilton

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!