We were in Gainesville last weekend for a 1 night stay. It was a football game day so hotel options in town were overpriced & minimal. I booked this hotel because the price did not seem to be overly inflated compared to some of the limited service properties in town....I figured for the same or similar price, might as well go with the full service property. At the last minute, I submitted a Priceline bid & was able to reduce my rate even further, which was surprising due to the business a Gators football game brings to town.
Anyhow, arrived mid afternoon & was very pleased with the location, the greeting by the front desk clerks & the clean, modern look of the property. Standard Hilton product, I'd say.
We did ask for double beds but none were available which I understand it was not guaranteed so that was ok. We then ordered a rollaway & was told there may not be any left but we were lucky and one was quickly dropped off at the room. These issues are no surprise when there is a game going on & you can expect large groups to be occupying the rooms to capacity...if its not clearly guaranteed, you cannot count on a specific bedding set up.
Room was fresh but showed some damage in the way of a relatively small hole in the bathroom drywall, ink markings on the ottoman & stains on the carpet....I'd guess these are signs of the type of use this property gets by the abundance of partying fans that make up a large portion of the business here....it was no big deal to me, particularly at the reduced rate I was paying but I'd expect some would find this unacceptable....?
We enjoyed a couple cocktails in the lounge and service & prices were in line with what we expected. Drove a couple streets up to Archer to find some dinner & there was an abundance of choices.
In the morning, we were pleased to find complimentary coffee set up outside the restaurant and also noted that "Starbucks" was offered for purchase near the front desk for those that just can't live without the name brand stuff.
All in all, pleased with our stay!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton University Of Florida Conference Center Gainesville Hotel
- Hilton University Of Florida Conference Center Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Hilton Hotel Gainesville
- Hilton Gainesville
- Gainesville Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Southwest corner of the University of Florida campus, in the heart of “Gator Nation”, Hilton University of Florida is the perfect spot for conducting essential business without missing out on the pleasure. This property has been completely renovated in the last three years, offers complimentary wireless internet in our lobby, complimentary parking, and a complimentray business center for guest use. A full service restaurant is available for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Two Bit's lounge or room service can make your day easier. Visit the Olympic size outdoor pool or our complimentary fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Olotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.