“Always a perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville

You added Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville to your Saves list
Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Always a perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I routinely travel to Gainesville for business and, whenever possible, I stay at the UF Hilton on 34th St. This hotel is meticulously maintained and I know that every detail will be attended to my fullest satisfaction. I also like that the hotel is a very short drive from almost everywhere in Gainesville, and right across the street from the University of Florida.

My typical stay is for one or two nights, in a standard king room, when available. The rooms are always spotless, and the beds and bedding are very comfortable. If time permits, I make a point to have breakfast during my stay, as the breakfast buffet is fantastic and the staff are very warm and welcoming. I also appreciate that almost every hotel employee makes it a point to greet me with a smile and ask how my stay is going. Whenever I have other colleagues in need of a place to stay, I always point them to the UF Hilton Conference Center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Man what a great place to stay! Exactly what you would expect from a Hilton property. I have stayed here a couple of times on business and have never been let down. The staff is amazing. I stayed here the first time earlier this year and we had reserved the board room. However we were given a much smaller room. Once the staff realized the mix up they came and got us and helped us move to the right room. The staff makes this hotel. This time, I had 4 major packages shipped to the hotel. All arrived and were handled with care. Rooms are average size but well appointed. Close proximity to the university is an extra benefit. Parking can be a little tricky due to the fact that they stay so busy, but there is plenty of parking spaces. If you stay here go to what the locals call midtown and eat at The Swamp, nice place to hang out and watch a game on their outdoor big screen.

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for 4 days. The hotel was clean and well kept; the beds and linens were particularly comfortable. Staff at the front desk were friendly and check in was quick and easy. Breakfast was pricey but excellent. Unfortunately, a barking dog at the end of the hall in the room next to mine on the 7th floor began to really irritate me. Now this wasn’t a bark here or there, but rather continuous, loud barking. Security was finally called and they had to enter the room to calm the poor dog down. I was told that dogs are not allowed on the 7th floor and that the dog would be removed. Early the next morning, I was again woken up to the barking of this dog. Despite assurances to the contrary, the dog and its owner were never moved. I asked to speak to the manager, Tony Trustee, but was told he was not available. I called Hilton customer service and was directed to their comments page on its website. I submitted my comments – primarily that the hotel is not honoring its own policies on pets. At $500 per night (game day weekend), I should have been afforded the right to relax in tranquility and sleep peacefully. It has been 10 days since I submitted my comments to Hilton and aside from an automatic response upon submission, there has been no follow-up on Hilton’s end. The lack of concern – particularly to a very frequent guest – is disconcerting.

College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here 3 days while on business at the University of Florida. It is convient to campus (I would guess about 1.5 miles away). The hotel and rooms are modern, clean and well kept. I enjoyed the quiteness very much and my bed/bedding was very good. I had breakfast at the restaurant and the buffet was quite good for the price ($15). I would definitely stay here agian.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Conference Center in Gainesville again this month and we were well treated and well cared for. The rooms are always clean, the hotel grounds are meticulously groomed and the location is perfect for visiting our daughter and her husband. One morning we were searching for coffee and the hotel's chief engineer personally directed me to where the coffee re-fills were and made sure I was able to get into the elevator and select the right floor with my hands occupied with hot cups of coffee! He probably had more mechanical challenges he could have been working on but he made sure that my wife and I had hot coffee to get our day going! It was a nice break from the usual "it's not my job" scenarios most travelers experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Hilton near UF is fantastic and pretty close to perfect. The hotel is in a great location for anyone visiting the University of Florida. The lobby is very nice, and includes a bar and restaurant. The front desk staff is very professional and helpful. Room is spacious and modern. There are two desk spaces and plenty of outlets, which is helpful when charging electronics. Always love the lavazza coffee. Beds are comfortable and room is very clean. The TV seems a little small for the large furniture, but is a nice flat screen LG. It simply sits on a giant dresser, making it seemingly small. I would highly recommend the hotel.
The lobby restaurant is excellent and servers are friendly. My stay was only one night but it was very comfortable and other Hiltons should site visit this one when they are training their housekeeping staff! This property is a great example and sets a great standard.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed here for 3-4 days a week since Aug 2012. I have not been disappointed. The Front desk is very personable. They are very eager to provide great service and make you feel at Home. The restaurant’s food is good and the service is very good. The F&B director is actively involved to assure that you are very satisfied. My only issue is there is way too much Gator Stuff in the lobby; however that’s understandable since it’s the home of those gators. Go Dawgs!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville? Share your experiences!