“Our favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 462 restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: There are now two locations in gainesville with excellent pizza and italian offerings.
Gainesville, Florida
“Our favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is mine and my husband's favorite place to have dinner. The pizza is always amazing. We brought his parents who are from NY/NJ (so they know their pizza) here and they thought it was very comparable to pizza from up north. We typically eat at the other location off 39th but have eaten several times at this location as well. They actually have a great burger as well if you are in the mood for one!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Newberry, Florida
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent pizza! Great toppings and taste. Service is A-1. Plus they serve Swamphead beer! The chicken marsala is one of my favorite dishes if I'm not in a pizza mood.

Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Good food, service, & prices...with ROCKIN' pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I spotted this place tucked away in a strip mall in the far northwest part of town.The next time a group of friends and I were mulling where to go for dinner, I asked if anyone had tried Piesano's before. No one had, but everyone had heard good things, so we decided to give it a whirl.
WOW! Talk about your diamonds in the rough! The decor is about what you'd expect in a strip mall, but the menu selection was awesome, with remarkably reasonable prices. The staff were knowledgeable and VERY friendly.
I had the mussels in white wine for an appetizer, and if they'd served them on linguini, I could have died happy, right then and there. The icing on the cake was doing scarpetta on the remains of the mussel sauce, with their totally awesome garlic rolls. I've lived in New York, and eaten pizza in Italy, and I can tell you, THIS is what Neopolitan pizza is supposed to be: Thin on the bottom, with a fire blistered chewy crust. Delizioso! I also tried some of my companions' entrees, and they were all excellent.
I'm looking forward to my next visit, but not to having to choose what to order...it all looks so good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ranger, Georgia
“Very Good, Fair Priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great calzone, big enough for two! Excellent service. Every good value, close to interstate and easy to get to

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gainesville, Florida
“Fantastic!! Must Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

By far the best italian restaurant my family and I have ever eaten at!! We have tried the Pizza, the calzone, the lasagna, the bolognese, the meatball sub, the caesar salad and of course the rolls (with extra dressing and parm cheese). We have never been disappointed. We visit this restaurant at least once per week (and travel 30 miles 1 way to eat here). We have taken others visiting from out of town to the restaurant and they can not beleive this little gem we have here in Gainesville. If you get the chance, try to sit by the bar in Jen's section, she is fabulous. We highly recommend this place!!

• Visited February 2013