“Name is now something different but same great food and menu” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 468 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“Name is now something different but same great food and menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Best Mexican, we moved to GA but when going to FL always stop here. It is 3 minutes off I75. The enchiladas suiza steak is the best Mexican ever.

Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Great food and Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The restaurant is now called Linda Vista. The menu and the staff are still the same. This is by far the best Mexican food in Gainesville. The staff is always super friendly. Some of my favorites from the menu are: Enchiladas Suizas, Mexican Stew, Steak Acapulco, Quesadilla Campanchena, Burrito grande, Chicken Morellia and Pork Carnitas. You really cannot go wrong with anything here. They have a special lunch menu that is super cheap. you can make your own combos for dinner. They have happy hour every day from 11am to 8pm. You really can't beat it! We eat here 2-3 times a week. They have a mariachi band every Tuesday.

Sarasota, Florida
“Still hoping to find respectable Tex-Mex food in FL, alas ......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The price is right, the decor lively, the sangria pleasant, but the food just doesn't measure up to my Southwestern-bred taste buds.

People of all ages were obviously enjoying themselves, so it must be me. The best part of the meal was the salsa and chips. The Rellenos and the special enchillada plate were merely acceptable. Then I ordered the sopapilla, a mistake, but I had to find out. It was just a flat tortilla with sugar and cinnamon, not the puffy pastry you fill with honey in the Southwest.

Others have praised the service but our server did not seem like a happy person and she did the disappearing act on us a couple of times.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Great Mexican Food...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We ate at "Linda Vista" in late May with friends. We had been there a month earlier while shopping in Gainesville and were very impressed. We decided to take some friends there hoping it would be just as good...well, all four of us thought it was excellent. Great Mexican decor, extremely clean and a awesome waiter named, Manuel...so friendly and helpful. Our food and drinks were perfect and we never felt rushed...very relaxing. Definitely worth the 50 mile drive!

Gainesville, Florida
“Great all around!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My son and I have been going to Linda Vista previously Mexico Linda for years. The staff are wonderful and I call most by their names I frequent so many times. Just live around the corner. Their hard shell tacos are great, meat or chicken and their taco salads are huge, filling and yummy. They make me a special margarita which is delicious. They carry a huge variety of liquor to choose from. The atmosphere is always upbeat and comfortable. The decor is colorful and you always have something to look around at. The bar is the best area. The beautiful chairs are great. They always seem to be celebrating something. Their chicken meals are all wonderful and I can never chose which one to eat for that meal. I highly recommend Linda Vista. Luis the manager/owner is fantastic with his staff and his knowledge. Alex is great behind the bar too.