“The Best of Bakeries!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
South Carolina
“The Best of Bakeries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love to linger at Uppercrust just to take in all the smells, cookbooks, and specialty items for sale. Everything I've ever tasted has been delicious. The sugar cookies haven't changed in over 10 years since I ate my first one, and that is a good thing! They melt in your mouth! I adore every flavor of scone, the wholesome demi-baguettes, chewy rosemary rolls, and rich bread pudding. Seriously, the bread pudding at Uppercrust is my standard for all others. It's made with croissants, cream, and butter...the trinity of good French pastries, I would imagine. It is pricey, but it's worth the indulgence here and there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Gainesville, Florida
“Try to find better bread anywhere in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Uppercrust is addicting - there is never a time when we don't have something from the bakery in our house. The rosemary bread and white bread are the best I've had anywhere, including Paris, and I travel extensively. The staff is wonderful, the shop is lovely and the food products are what you'd expect in Europe, not little Gainesville, Florida. Don't miss: any of the breads, croissants, sugar cookies, roses, refrigerated dips (white bean mousse in particular), soft pretzels, pre-made sandwiches and last but not least, their amazing soup. Oh, and the Frech press coffee is divine.

Visited April 2013
Melrose, Florida
“Excellent but out of my budget range”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

One top of being on a side of town I seldom visit, this little bakery/restaurant lives up to its name. It might be for the more 'uppercrust' of society because I can only afford to buy a couple items which are always excellent and make me want to beg for more.

Gainesville, Florida
“Best this side of France!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This bakery is a treat for all senses! Upon entering, one feels as if they have arrived in France! The small, the sights, the taste, oh my! The best, by far, chocolate almond croissant my mouth has EVER met! I'd pay $10 for one! Everything I've had is outstanding!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gainesville, FL
“Best bread in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the best bread in town day in and day out. I used to buy bread when they were on the second floor of a wooden building on 6th Street so I'm really pleased they are still in Gainesville. Back then Gainesville was still liberal bit soooo "whitebread" with no ethnic breads to be had, not so now.

• Visited March 2013