“Try to find better bread anywhere in the world!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 476 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Bakery
Gainesville, Florida
“Try to find better bread anywhere in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Uppercrust is addicting - there is never a time when we don't have something from the bakery in our house. The rosemary bread and white bread are the best I've had anywhere, including Paris, and I travel extensively. The staff is wonderful, the shop is lovely and the food products are what you'd expect in Europe, not little Gainesville, Florida. Don't miss: any of the breads, croissants, sugar cookies, roses, refrigerated dips (white bean mousse in particular), soft pretzels, pre-made sandwiches and last but not least, their amazing soup. Oh, and the Frech press coffee is divine.

Visited April 2013

Melrose, Florida
“Excellent but out of my budget range”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

One top of being on a side of town I seldom visit, this little bakery/restaurant lives up to its name. It might be for the more 'uppercrust' of society because I can only afford to buy a couple items which are always excellent and make me want to beg for more.

Gainesville, Florida
“Best this side of France!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This bakery is a treat for all senses! Upon entering, one feels as if they have arrived in France! The small, the sights, the taste, oh my! The best, by far, chocolate almond croissant my mouth has EVER met! I'd pay $10 for one! Everything I've had is outstanding!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, FL
“Best bread in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the best bread in town day in and day out. I used to buy bread when they were on the second floor of a wooden building on 6th Street so I'm really pleased they are still in Gainesville. Back then Gainesville was still liberal bit soooo "whitebread" with no ethnic breads to be had, not so now.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Good pastries, but overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've been coming to Uppercrust for years. Their pastries are quite good, but the store generally is overpriced and has a bit of an attitude. The name is quite fitting, we think!

Visited March 2013