“BEST BREAKFAST” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Boca Raton, Florida
“BEST BREAKFAST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I could not believe I would ever be raving about a breakfast restaurant. I had fresh OJ and grits and fried egg with a biscuit but was able to sample other dishes as we were eating in a party of six.
Everything was so delicious that the entire party was swooning. We were in Gainesville for a U of Florida graduation and if it wasnt four hours away, i would drive there for breakfast every day.
I happen to love grits but these grits were different than any I have ever tasted. Every mouthful was consumed with wonder and joy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville, Florida, USA
“Best Breakfast Spot in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I love breakfast places... And Flying Biscuit is the best I have ever been to. Can be tough getting a table at certain times but always worth the effort. Food is outstanding and creative. The atmosphere is great and the staff is always friendly. Definitely recommend hitting it up.

Visited January 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Outrageous mistreatment of customers!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had heard such great things about this popular brunch spot, that I was truly looking forward to my visit. As I waited to be seated, 2 ladies walked up to the cashier and said: "We had a 2:15 reservation, and you probably remember we got here early. Well it's now after 3, and we still haven't gotten our food. We have to leave."
Instead of apologizing, and asking them to come again and give the restaurant another chance, the cashier asked them to wait and dissapeared. Why do cashiers ask if "everything was OK," if they can't do anything to fix it themselves?
The ladies fidgited for at least three minutes (they had to leave!), until the cashier returned with the manager in tow. The manager said "Your food just came up; would you like it 'to go'?" They asked if they would have to pay for it, and were told "yes." ...after an hour wait?!?! They said "No thanks.Why would we pay to eat cold food out of styrofoam, after waiting an hour to eat it in your dining room?" The manager told the cashier to "just charge them for their beverages," and disapeared, without so much as an apology.
All through this, I am still waiting to be seated in their half empty dining room. I told them not to pay, and asked the cashier to please bring the manager back. She returned, visably annoyed, and I told her that I didn't know the ladies, but was "here for my first visit. After seeing how you treat customers, I am reluctant to eat here. Are you really going to make them pay for their sodas after they waited an hour?" She looked at the two women, and very loudly said "They didn't wait any hour," and when the women pointed out that they had arrived early for a reservation that was over 50 minutes ago, the manager decided to start arguing with them.
At that point the women and I all left. They hadn't been angry; they simply couldn't wait any longer. I am a restaurant general manager, and I was shocked at what I saw. The women clearly waited too long; the exact number of minutes is irrelevant. They weren't unreasonable; they were polite and kept their voices down. All the manager had to do was apologize, offer to send them home with the now ready food at no charge, and she would have earned two very loyal customers. Instead, they got to throw out the ladies food, and even lost me as a customer.
I don't care if the food is worthy of a Michelin star, if you can't treat your customers fairly (and with respect!), I'll spend my money elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gainesville, Florida
“Flying in and out of the Flying Biscuit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A local bistro favored by many. Small dining room with outdoor seating so it's nice on a nice day for a good dining experience outside. Great variety of high quality food. It is a bit on the pricey side.....upscale. Very good service. Located in a shopping center. Lilly's seamstress/alterations shop next door is VERY GOOD. Lilly and her staff are top notch.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A perfect place for brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Variety of options on the menu. The staff are always pleasant. This is a favorite for our family. Quick service and inviting atmosphere.

Visited March 2013