“Extended stay Gainesville” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
“Extended stay Gainesville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The hotel is really clean and I did not have the experiences other guess are reporting. It is quite close to the supermarket, and that's a huge plus!. The police didn't show-up at all during my time there. I also did not witnessed anything disturbing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Agawam, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I also stayed here for 3 weeks in March and witnessed many of the things that Big D mentioned in the review. The police were there for several hrs. one day and it appeared they were evicting someone. This is an economy option, not a business class hotel. It attracts blue collar workers that need to be based in the area for a period of time. The base cost does not include any of the amenities such as wifi, linen exchange, etc. These are all extras. Your room is only cleaned every other week. If you want it cleaned more often that cost is addl. or you do it yourself. You basically stay in what I would consider a college dorm type room with a kitchenette. You need to either bring pots, pans etc or they will sell you a set. This goes for a coffee maker also. The bed is on a platform with storage underneath and no box spring. Not very comfortable. There is a small table where you can eat and/or set up a laptop. There are individuals and families that actually live there and others just staying there for a short period like myself. It is a convenient location right off Rt.75 and close to shopping and restaurants. The room was clean and so were the hallways and grounds. There is a laundry area on site. The staff was somewhat responsive and I would give them a C for customer service. I had noisy people above me and had to call security on two different occasions in the middle of the night. When I mentioned it to the front desk they said they were aware of the problem but I felt they did little to resolve it. As mentioned in the previous review if I were to return to the area I would probably spend more money to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the Rt 75 off ramp side of the property are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
VPGainesvillefl, Manager at Value Place, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Value Place Gainesville thanks you for taking the time to provide this review. We regret that your experience was less than ideal. We strive to provide a clean, safe and affordable lodging option for our guests. To ensure that safe experience it was, sadly, necessary to have the police assist in removing a guest during your stay.

We do have a wide variety of individuals and families that stay with us. Many of these guests are families of patients at Shands, the VA Hospital or other medical facilities. Some are vacationers, others in construction. Like most of us, these guests are price-conscious and want to save money whenever possible.

Our pricing is based under the assumption that not every guest will need or use every amenity. The bi-weekly housekeeping has worked well for most of our guests and by not automatically including the costs of daily service in our pricing we are able to provide a much lower rate than our competitors. As you are aware, the amenities that many hotels advertise as “free” are actually built into the price of the room. Currently, a comparable hotel in the Gainesville area with “free” wifi and “free” breakfast would cost approximately $412 for a 7 night stay as compared to our cost of $262 which would include the wifi and linen exchange service.

Thank you again for your review. We will certainly take it to heart and hope you may consider staying with us again if your travels bring you to the Gainesville area.
Not Gainesville,Fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

After being a resident for approx. 1 mth. while on business, This place headed south quickly with the type of long termers they were harboring. After witnessing on numerous occasions what appeared to be drug deals and prostitution all the while under the "video survellience" they claim to have, I was met at my door by one of the employees who told me to get back in my room with my drink. In my 30+ yrs of traveling, this was a first for me. You have nothing to do at this place because there is no pool, the internet is horrible, and it's in the middle of the woods not close to anything. I will never stay in another Value Place again. If you don't mind illegal immigrants by the van loads,apperent drug deals going down across the hall from you, and apperent prostitution that they turn there back too, You will feel right at home. Just remember not to take a beer outside while you talk to your family on the phone because that's against the rules.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
VPGainesvillefl, Manager at Value Place, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Value Place Gainesville is thankful for the review you have provided. Value Place takes the safety of our guests seriously and requires that while on property, all guests obey the laws of the land, and the rules of the Value Place Brand, or they will immediately be removed. Unfortunately, there are visitors who chose to violate the law and during your stay with us, the police were called, due to a guest incident. The guest was removed from the hotel property immediately. Value Place Gainesville does not tolerate illegal activity and takes appropriate action to protect the safety of our guests and team members. As a part of this commitment to safety, every adult guest must register at the front desk and sign an Occupancy Agreement that explains our rules and requirements. In addition to scanning each guest’s license/valid photo ID, we check names against the Family Watchdog/Sex Offender database—and we don’t know of anyone else who takes such important precautionary steps to help ensure the safety of guests.

As for the drink mentioned, there are children staying at our property and open containers of alcohol in common areas are not allowed. Our team members are trained to provide a safe and enjoyable hotel and by notice to you of the open container policy, this does confirm Value Place is serious about enforcing precautions towards safety. Many guests prefer our I-75 and Williston Rd. location because traffic is never an issue getting to and from our property.

Value Place aims to make things right for each guest. Please allow us to speak with you further and call the hotel manager at 352.672.6008. Your comments are most appreciated and we wish to confirm our commitment to you, our valued guest.

VP Gainesville Management
Big Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

an extended stay place, minimum one week.
very well managed. helpful staff.
clean, near market and restaurants.
highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My stay at Value Place, Gainesville, FL was great! I was relocating from another state due employment and was waitng for my apartment to be ready for move in. It was peaceful, affordable and safe for me and my daughter. There was easy access to the interstate to get to my destinations. It made the transition of relocating from Atlanta, GA to Gainesville, FL easy and tolerable. The staff was accomodating as well as helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I moved back to Gainesville for grad school and stayed at Value Place while searching for a house to purchase. I originally planned on staying a week, but the staff was so friendly and the hotel was so convenient I ended up staying three months! The room was immaculate and had a big flat screen tv. While apartment hunting I put all my stuff in storage, so the furnished studios were a huge plus!!! I would reccomend Value Place to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have been staying at the newly opened Value Place Gainesville since November 2010. We chose this location while my husband was getting treatment at the VA hospital because of it's close proximity to the VA and Shands hospital. The hotel's cleanliness initially attracted me, but the flexibility and quietness kept us here. Every morning we would walk the hotel's beautiful grounds or sit by the pond. After I lost my husband I decided to stay at Value Place and I now call it home. The staff is like family and as a single womand, I feel very safe!

Room Tip: Try to reserve a room that overlooks the pond, it is a serene view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Value Place? Share your experiences!