“Cheap but .. ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North

You added Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7413 West Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605 (Formerly Hotel Oaks)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Holiday Savings Special
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Anderson, South Carolina
“Cheap but .. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You get a room with no soap and 2 tiny towels and painted tile in the bathroom. One of the outlets in the room is loose and has 3 things plugged in it. The heater is noisy and no working wifi ...oh well ... it is just a place to sleep ...I hope.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The price was not inexpensive for this area, but there were few rooms left around, The room was dirty, the toilet bowl leaked, the phine did not work and the bedside lamp did not work. When I checked in I was given a key that was programmed incorrectly. Instead of issuing me new key, the manager said he would have someone come up ans show me how to use the door handle. As if I wasn't insulted enough by staying at this palce, the manager topped the cake. Of course after I told him that I know how to open a door, he gave me a new key which worked fine. I did not partake in the breakfast. I figured any food that was in this hotel, would niot be right for me.

Room Tip: Nit this hotel!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

I was warned the hotel was nasty by a vendor of mine, but figured they might be picky since they have not stayed in a college town before where the rooms take a beating. WRONG, this place was horrible and I travel and stay in hotels all the time. Words cannot describe it. I went out and bought my own sheets, pillows, towels and bleach wipes. (All other rooms in town were booked.) Pictures will show better than me describing but one picture has to be described.. my husband pulled the bathroom exhaust fan cover off thinking maybe it was unplugged and was gonna repair it but to his surprise found 2 crack pipes hidden in there!!!!!!!!!! How do you get bathroom door, front door, and telephone filthy like you had been digging in dirt? UGH...I wondered why there are no pictures of free breakfast on the website...go figure! Oh and the used shampoo bottle with hair all over them..another first.

Room Tip: there are none from what we could see - scared to see what was behind the one padlocked
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

DO NOT STAY AND RUN FAR AWAY...PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND GO ELSE WHERE. We were in a hurry trying to find a room and this was the cheapest so we went with it, very bad choice and in all honesty as soon as we went into the room we should have gone back and asked for a refund. But we literally had 20 minutes to shower and get ready and meet ppl for dinner. You walk in and you smell bleach which I have never went in anywhere and smelled bleach so your first thought is what are they trying to cover up. I had to go to the bathroom so bad and as I am on the toilet I look down and all I see are hair and pee marks so if you cant even clean a toilet I doubt much else is getting cleaned. Definitely not a place you want to stay, I felt very dirty and grubby even after a shower. Dirty, dirty and dirty and we kept our shoes and socks on the whole time. I even had a hard time going to sleep just thinking what I was sleeping in etc.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a Gator game and were VERY disappointed and disguised. We booked the hotel about 1 1/2 months in advance as it was one of the few hotels available in our area. After checking in, we arrived at our room. We requested a non-smoking room (due to allergies) and did not receive that. We walked in and the room wreaked of smoke. There were even cigarette buds left on the headboard of one of the beds- disgusting! The toilet also had leftover "stuff" in it and obviously was not cleaned. We immediately called the front desk to complain and asked for another room. Unfortunately, the man at the front desk was rude to us, told us there was nothing else, and hung up the phone on us. After complaining again the next morning at check out, the man at the front desk told us he would give us the suite next time at a reduced rate- we obviously said no thank you!!! Do not stay at this hotel- it was dirty, old, and they did not care if you were satisfied. Stay in Ocala if there are no hotels left on a game day weekend- we should have done that!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Viera, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We booked for the weekend of the Florida/LSU game, so naturally this hotel tripled their prices to take advantage of the occasion. We had a simple no-smoking room with a king sized bed. There was no clock radio, no coffee maker, no PHONE, no tissues in the room, and an ancient TV set with a remote control that did not work. The towels were ragged and cheap. The shower did not engage completely and water came out of the shower and tube outlets simultaneously. The room was smelly, dirty, and overall cheap. I'd avoid this one unless you are really desperate.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

Room had no phone, no clock, no working TV remote, no tissues, no coffee maker,thin, flimsy towels, dirty walls and doors. A/C was old and clattering. Front desk personnel seemed confused and very new to the business. Also, it was very hard to find, as there was no sign and it's hidden behind another business in a construction zone. We would have stayed somewhere else, but it was a game day and there were no other hotels available.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North? Share your experiences!