“Americas WORST Value Inn” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7413 West Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605 (Formerly Hotel Oaks)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Tampa, Florida
“Americas WORST Value Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for a Gator game and were VERY disappointed and disguised. We booked the hotel about 1 1/2 months in advance as it was one of the few hotels available in our area. After checking in, we arrived at our room. We requested a non-smoking room (due to allergies) and did not receive that. We walked in and the room wreaked of smoke. There were even cigarette buds left on the headboard of one of the beds- disgusting! The toilet also had leftover "stuff" in it and obviously was not cleaned. We immediately called the front desk to complain and asked for another room. Unfortunately, the man at the front desk was rude to us, told us there was nothing else, and hung up the phone on us. After complaining again the next morning at check out, the man at the front desk told us he would give us the suite next time at a reduced rate- we obviously said no thank you!!! Do not stay at this hotel- it was dirty, old, and they did not care if you were satisfied. Stay in Ocala if there are no hotels left on a game day weekend- we should have done that!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Viera, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked for the weekend of the Florida/LSU game, so naturally this hotel tripled their prices to take advantage of the occasion. We had a simple no-smoking room with a king sized bed. There was no clock radio, no coffee maker, no PHONE, no tissues in the room, and an ancient TV set with a remote control that did not work. The towels were ragged and cheap. The shower did not engage completely and water came out of the shower and tube outlets simultaneously. The room was smelly, dirty, and overall cheap. I'd avoid this one unless you are really desperate.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room had no phone, no clock, no working TV remote, no tissues, no coffee maker,thin, flimsy towels, dirty walls and doors. A/C was old and clattering. Front desk personnel seemed confused and very new to the business. Also, it was very hard to find, as there was no sign and it's hidden behind another business in a construction zone. We would have stayed somewhere else, but it was a game day and there were no other hotels available.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's no wonder the prices are so low for this hotel, think twice before you book a room here. We checked in on 10/3/14 for a two night stay, paid in full and proceeded to our room. The hallway walls were filthy, the walkway covered with litter and when we entered our non smokng room it reeked of smoke. Don't believe the pictures, the room was horrible and when we lifted up the mattress we immediately found a bedbug. Needless to say we went back to the management with a picture and immediately recevied a refund. Problem is the man at the desk charged my credit card a second time instead of giving us a credit. If I hadn't looked closely at the receipt I wouldn't have caught the error. We finally got our full refund of both charges and proceeded to the car. Luckily I was on my ipad looking for another hotel and hadn't pulled out because there was a tap on the window and the man at the desk was waving my credit card at me. One of the worst experiences I've ever had at a hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel has bedbugs, don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was pleased with the very neatly made-up and immaculate room...The room was dated, but I could not care less, cleanliness being my prime concern. The price of the room is kept low by a number of unobtrusive measures, like using soap dispensers and other economies over the usual chains.

I lost my wallet, but they found it, including important driver's licenses and medicare cards, which they had to look hard for because the cards had fallen out of my wallet under or behind the bed. I was impressed with their concern, diligence, honesty, and initiative in getting ahold of me on my cell.

Room Tip: This place is a stone's throw from the university. You could walk, really.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

This review could have been a lot worse, but we had a problem that was fixed quickly by the overnight staff members.

My group of 4 stayed here for 1 night only, following a late night Saturday Gator game. I had checked in pretty early and the front staff lady was pretty rude and couldn't find my reservation, which I had phoned in. It turned out late that night, when we actually checked into our room, our group of 4 had been given a room with 1 king sized bed (we reserved doubles) and the AC did not work! So hot!

Luckily, the overnight staff which was also not very friendly, did move us to another room with working AC and double beds after checking my reservation. This new room was fine for an overnight stay. Literally right off I-75 and conveniently located close to the University of Florida campus. Bed sheets looked a little dirty but it was alright for a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring your reservation, to ensure you receive the room you reserved!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stopped here to sleep and shower on our drive home from Marco Island. The room was outdated but clean. The beds were comfortable and showers hot. Their continental breakfast shouldn't even been offered. It consisted of coffee and Lil' Debbie cakes with a sign that said only take one. But the price was right and the hotel, once we found it (don't be fooled by the Road Closed sign) was very close to I-75.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North? Share your experiences!