“Decent Hotel - Worth the Price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7413 West Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605 (Formerly Hotel Oaks)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Decent Hotel - Worth the Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This review could have been a lot worse, but we had a problem that was fixed quickly by the overnight staff members.

My group of 4 stayed here for 1 night only, following a late night Saturday Gator game. I had checked in pretty early and the front staff lady was pretty rude and couldn't find my reservation, which I had phoned in. It turned out late that night, when we actually checked into our room, our group of 4 had been given a room with 1 king sized bed (we reserved doubles) and the AC did not work! So hot!

Luckily, the overnight staff which was also not very friendly, did move us to another room with working AC and double beds after checking my reservation. This new room was fine for an overnight stay. Literally right off I-75 and conveniently located close to the University of Florida campus. Bed sheets looked a little dirty but it was alright for a 1 night stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring your reservation, to ensure you receive the room you reserved!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here to sleep and shower on our drive home from Marco Island. The room was outdated but clean. The beds were comfortable and showers hot. Their continental breakfast shouldn't even been offered. It consisted of coffee and Lil' Debbie cakes with a sign that said only take one. But the price was right and the hotel, once we found it (don't be fooled by the Road Closed sign) was very close to I-75.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
hollywood, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is inexpensive but not worth staying here. The sheets had sand/dirt in them them. There was a dirty wash clothe in the bathroom. An orange peel was behind the refrigerator. There was an odor coming from the carpet. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was seriously the WORST stay ever. I arrived at 1:10AM after driving 7hrs & the front desk could not find my reservation after I told him that I did have a reservation and a confirmation number. I gave him my number he claimed that I wasn't in the system. Then he went to the back, came back three mins later, searched in the computer again and finally found my reservation. Took him 15mins to find my reservation. Then the room I got was dirty, about 110 degrees in there, the toilet paper was unrolled to the floor, there was toilet paper in the bathroom drain, the curtain was broken and then the worst.... 3 ROACHES were crawling on the bed when I placed my bag and moved one of the pillows. DISGUSTING! DO NOT GET ROOM 412! I left at once and told the front desk of the issue, they gave me another room 402, 10mins later & NEVER SAID SORRY OR ANYTHING. This must be a common issue. Room 402 was not as bad but still not clean. The toilet had been used and not flushed, the sink was dirty with a red sticky liquid and a dirty hand towel on the rack, no trash can lining. I was exhausted, I checked the bed I was going to sleep in and found it ok to lay on. Saw no roaches but I was still grossed out from the previous room, I slept directly on top with a clean towel on the pillow. I could not sleep from being so grossed out, I checked out at 4:30 AM. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN nor recommend anyone to stay here. THIS WAS DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST VALUE HOTEL.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our daughter was in the hospital. Went on line to book the room. Left the hospital at midnight. Went to check in showed them our confirmation, to be told they were all booked up. Had to go try to find another room at midnight. Very rude staff. Would not recommend this hotel...

Stayed June 2014
Longwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed on 6/3/2014. Arrived late with prepaid reservations. The room had: half eaten watermelon, open drinks, open food, food in the bed, unmade bed and was by far, the worst I have ever stayed in. After seeing the inside, I was afraid to even leave my vehicle outside. I booked this room after reading the reviews. It was to late to do anything different, as I only had a few hrs to sleep, which I did not due to the noise in the hallway. Reviews here, some were good, some not, so I took the chance. For you ladies out there, this is not a good place for you. Whole experience nasty and no secure feeling or sleep. Spend your money somewhere else. Sorry but we all should review so others know. Maybe the maid didn't do their job? I don't know why, I just know what it was like night before last.

Room Tip: Choose another location, period.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a decent time and enjoyed the hot shower and good coffee. But the FREE continental breakfast needs more improvement (greatly). So don't forget to ask for Andrea at the front desk,she was nice and courteous while we got our intake papers together.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North

Address: 7413 West Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605 (Formerly Hotel Oaks)
Location: United States > Florida > Gainesville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, BookIt.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.