“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7413 West Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32605 (Formerly Hotel Oaks)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #26 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Our daughter was in the hospital. Went on line to book the room. Left the hospital at midnight. Went to check in showed them our confirmation, to be told they were all booked up. Had to go try to find another room at midnight. Very rude staff. Would not recommend this hotel...

Stayed June 2014

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Longwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed on 6/3/2014. Arrived late with prepaid reservations. The room had: half eaten watermelon, open drinks, open food, food in the bed, unmade bed and was by far, the worst I have ever stayed in. After seeing the inside, I was afraid to even leave my vehicle outside. I booked this room after reading the reviews. It was to late to do anything different, as I only had a few hrs to sleep, which I did not due to the noise in the hallway. Reviews here, some were good, some not, so I took the chance. For you ladies out there, this is not a good place for you. Whole experience nasty and no secure feeling or sleep. Spend your money somewhere else. Sorry but we all should review so others know. Maybe the maid didn't do their job? I don't know why, I just know what it was like night before last.

Room Tip: Choose another location, period.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a decent time and enjoyed the hot shower and good coffee. But the FREE continental breakfast needs more improvement (greatly). So don't forget to ask for Andrea at the front desk,she was nice and courteous while we got our intake papers together.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Americas Best Value Inn Gainesville North is anything but a best value. Cracked paint, dirty common areas, broken light fixtures and understaffing make this place one of the most pathetic lodgings I've ever stayed at. It was graduation weekend, and we booked late, so choices were limited, but no matter what you do, don't stay here!

This property is operated not company owned, but if this chain cares at all about their reputation, they need to check out the poor condition of this motel that bears their name.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you staying with us. We definitely apologize for the opportunities faced. As have just taken over the property we are aware of the areas of concern that you experienced. We are in the process of upgrading and updating the property. We strive to create and environment that provides great service, clean rooms at a reasonable price. We hope to earn your business again in the future. Thanks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband's 6-week job lasted 4 months, so we spent a third of a year at AMBI I-75 Gainesville. The furnishings are not new, but clean. The carpets are impeccably clean (my socks stayed white). The rooms are a good size. The pool is clean. Management worked with me about the daily fee for our dog, and they were more than fair. The continental breakfast consisted of danishes in wrappers, coffee, and juice.
The hotel is difficult to find, even though it is right beside I-75. The driveway is right next to a convenience store, and you have to look for the sign.
The head of housekeeping, Toni, is the glue that holds the place together. She is genuinely friendly, and goes above and beyond her duties daily. If everything is not perfect, she does everything in her power to make it perfect. She makes herself available day and night, often getting up in the middle of the night to show a guest a room. She is the most professional person in the hotel, and makes sure that her staff is professional too.
Our only negative experience was with the maintenance man, Chris. He is unprofessional, loud, incompetent, and rude.I believe that Toni can do Chris's job better than he can.
Except for the maintenance man, we had a great experience overall, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us. We definitely take our cleanliness and service seriously and I will address those opportunities. We strive to provide great service, clean rooms at a reasonable price. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks.
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night April 4/5th 2014 and what noted our attention is the friendliness of the reception staff. The staff was very responsive and provided a lot on information readily without having to ask. The room met our expectations, however, the reception staff informed us to let them know if we found anything that needed change.

The room had pressing iron, hair dryer and microwave, though we did not expect them.

Unfortunately there is some construction work going one along their entrance from the main road which made us do a few rounds before we found the place, though their sign is visible from a distance. The reception staff apologized for the inconvenience.

I will certainly choose this place, if we were to visit Gainesville again.

Room Tip: If anyone is visiting while the construction is progressing, stay on the right lane as you pass NW 7...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us. With all the hotel options out there we take pride in offering a clean room , great service at a reasonable price. We hope to see you again. Thanks.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Hotel well located near I-75.

Welcoming staff both in the afternoon and morning.
Room in the back away from traffic was clean & comfortable.
Bkfst could be a bit more substantial but for the price, overall was good value.

Property is undergoing renovations from previous ownership so you should not expect perfection or very high standards - you get what you pay for

Room Tip: Ask for room in back away from street & I-75
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Steven J, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your stay with us. With all the hotel options these days we are delighted that you gave us the opportunity to accommodate you. We strive to provide a clean room and great service for a reasonable price. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - I-75 Gainesville North? Share your experiences!