“Coffee and bagel once a week or more” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 14 Bakeries in Gainesville
Cuisines: Bagels
Gainesville, Florida
“Coffee and bagel once a week or more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've been going to this locally owned, fairtrade minded coffee and bagel shop for years - a decade or more. Through that time, the owner has stayed true to his mission of doing business directly with Guatemalan coffee farmers. I can tell the differencebetween this organic coffee and other brands. We only buy coffee from this place. We get the beans and then grind and brew them ourselves at home. When I drink other brands of coffee, I sometimes get a tingly tongue or other suspicious reactions. But those reactions neve happen when I have Bagel Bakery coffee. I enjoy the bagels, too. It's tough to give a specific review since I have been eating here at least once a week for at least a decade - everthing is good. My personal favorites are the honey walnut cream cheese on a cinnamon raison bagel, the spinach artichoke cream cheese on the the hummus, and the fresh orange juice with just about anything. It is on the way to work, so sometimes I just stop in for a large coffee and it is faster than going to a starbucks or gastation (and tastes better than both). We sometimes buy a dozen bagels and freeze them and take them out "as needed" to make breakfast/brunch

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

ocala
“great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The bagels are always fresh. The service is fast and coffe is delicious.

Visited June 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Pricey but yummy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

This place was pretty pricey for what it was, but still pretty yummy. Nothing about it convinced me to come back after one try, however.

Visited May 2011
Gainesville, FL
“BAGELS SHRINKING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Love this place for breakfast for lots of reasons but it seems the bagels are getting smaller. Some time back I thought maybe the holes were larger, maybe yes or maybe not. In the past few months they are definitely smaller. Just this morning my ET bagel with cream cheese felt like holding one of those little Krystal Burgers when I picked it up. I can understand prices going up as costs rise but I don't appreciate reducing the bagel size as it seems kind of sneaky.

Visited February 2011
Gainesville, Florida
“LOVE The Bagel Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Great Staff, Awesome Coffee and Bagels. I often have breakfast meetings there. They have so many other things that everyone I have brought in has found something wonderful. I have never heard any negative feedback! I love knowing that they support slave free products and a part of the proceeds go to charity that they are involved in. It is a great place to go and spend some time with friends, meet for business, have some quiet time, or just breeze by to pick up a cup of joe and/or a bagel. It can be busy at peek times, but the lines always move quickly and the people are always friendly.

• Visited January 2011