“Delicious, whether vegan, vegetarian or carnivore.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 461 restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Wonderful place.
“Delicious, whether vegan, vegetarian or carnivore.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Once we discovered this hidden away restaurant in Gainesville we went again less than a week later. Several nice vegan options.

For my full review, with pictures, go to my blog at: http://vegouttoeat.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/civilization-gainesville-florida/

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Carrollton, Georgia
“E.njoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were in Gainesville overnight and looking for good dinner. Found Civilization on Trip Advisor. And decided to have an early dinner. Since it was Friday night we went at 5:30 and were seated immediately (the restaurant did start to fill up around 6). The server explained the specials and recommended a wine. We ordered an appetizer ("the Greek thing with an unpronounceable name") which was a feta-based spread served with pita. I ordered fettuccine alla vongole and my husband had shrimp. All the food was very good. My only quibble was with the pace of the service. We ordered and the server brought bread and butter. Before we had a chance to butter any bread the appetizer arrived.... Well, ok. We had time to taste the appetizer, then the entrees arrived. Very rushed. I would have like to enjoy a glass of wine and the appetizer before moving on to the main course. The food was very good, well-seasoned and well-prepared. We would have liked a little more time to enjoy it. Server never offered a second glass of wine...we felt as if they wanted us to eat and go!

• Visited April 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Organic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Understated decor, pleasant people, and delicious food! I highly recommend the portobello stroganoff and Floida citrus salad. Do not expect to dine in a hurry, but the experience is well worth it.

• Visited August 2012
Spring Hill, Florida
“OMG... I wish I could eat here everyday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want a fresh take on dining, and I mean organic and healthy, you must go to Civilization. My hubby and I were in Gainesville for the weekend and literally stumbled upon this unique eatery. It was nice to find a place that caters to those trying to live a healthy lifestyle. If I had a choice, I would surely eat there EVERYDAY!!! The staff is great, especially Mitch, and so is everything on the menu. If you don't try Civilization when you are in Gainesville, then you are missing out!

• Visited April 2013
Gainesville, Florida
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Anything you order here is going to be absolutely delicious. Expect to relax with a glass of wine while your food is prepared to order. Lovely experience.

Visited October 2012