“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Greenwich, Ct., United States
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Room comfortable, bathroom clean. Staff courteous and helpful. A bit pricey relative to other Hampton Inns but then it is downtown and close to FSU. The rate of $14/night for valet parking is excessive, should be no more than $10. The overall experience was a good one.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have stayed here several times. People are always helpful. rooms are updated and clean, breakfast is pretty good for being included. The best aspect is the great location, by restaurants, bars etc.

No issues, would strongly recommend if like a more central location.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you have become a regular around here. Thanks for the recommendation. We love having you here and look forward to seeing you again.
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As a compliment to the Hampton organization, I will no longer bring my own pillow. The ones provided by Hampton were perfect. The reason I tend to bring my own pillow is that "most" hotels have terrible pillows. Hampton accommodations were so comfortable it was like sleeping at home.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're happy to hear that you won't have to travel with your pillow anymore. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off, Its been over 6 months, well Almost a year since I stayed here( march 2014) however there were circumstances that prevented me from writing my review ( my smartphone was damaged and non functional for me to post my pictures which helps with my review). With that being said and now recovering my pictures, here goes.

The hotels decor itself was very tastefull and the main rooms and common areas were well maintained ( at least at first sight). Its the little things that go bump in the night that you have to worry about. I stayed here after A gathering of friends for a wedding 2 days later where I was to be the bestman to said wedding. The atmosphere in downtown Gainesville was great spent most of the night at the piano bar, but that's where the good times stopped. As I settled into my room with friends I noticed a strange squealing noise from the AC unit, no problem I could sleep through that and I did. However upon waking up the following morning I felt a slight itch on my thigh( right by the area my boxer shorts end) nothing to be concerned about as I didn't see any mark or bruising so I shook it off I figured it was just allergies.

A day later the area on my upper thigh became red, raised, and itchy. 24-48 hrs after that it was inflamed and filling of puss. I contacted my family physician who took a look at it and was informed I more than likely was bitten by a spider. When asked was there any place Ive been out the normal recently and had my upper thigh exposed it came to me the instantly, the hotel room.

When I contacted the hotel to inform them of the situation and just suggest that they spray the room with pesticide the staff over the phone was very rude and really did not care or concern them self with my request, also the manager was not available and no one know when She would be in. So I left a message including details with that staff member. A day later the Manager contacted me back , and instead of what you would expect a hotel manager to say... " were sorry for the inconvenience" Instead I received..... " Well sir that could have happened anywhere! I might have happened on your flight or in your rental car those things just happen"

HOLD ON! First and foremost I never mentioned taking a plane or having a rental car, If she would have taken the moment to review my Information she would have know I came from Ocala FL where I own my own house there and the vehicle I drove was my own personal vehicle. The entire fact she jumped to a defensive conclusion just magnifies the fact that there must be something there trying to cover up ! Also she went into a rant on the phone with me about a family member of her's that was bit by a brown recluse and how it didnt show up for days after he was bitten, so my bite could have happened anywhere but she was positive it wasn't in there hotel..HELLO 3- 4 days later is when I now had the full blown signs of the spider bite and the hotel is the only place I have taken off my pants with access to my upper thigh next to my own private residence!

Needless to say she was not very sympathetic and after dealing with the front desk crews attitude over the phone to have here comments and attitude on the phone during our conversation showed me everything I needed to know. She never offered any sympathy for the situation. I payed $200+ for one nights hotel stay in the little out the way city of Gainesville FL as I chose to do the responsible thing and NOT let any of my friends drive intoxicated after our night out. However Id recommend for possible patrons in the future to just sleep in there car instead of this establishment or find another hotel.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you can, Its unfortunate there one of the very few hotels in the downtown gainesvi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience during and after your stay. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your review will help us to improve the quality of our hotel.
Fort Worth, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff is a real nightmare, they have absolutely no customer service skills they really need to be trained in customer service. They ended up trying some sort of lock out on me a Hilton Honors member with over 100,000 points and a clear record of constant and continued stays with their hotels. Then even after the issue was supposedly resolved they did not know how to open the door so I ended up locked out of my room for over an hour and all anyone could say is it's our protocol. I guess it's their protocol to humiliate their guests. I cant in good conscience suggest anyone stay at this one at least until they are properly trained.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor level of service that you received; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff, and hope that the next time you are in the area you will come stay with us again and experience an improved level of customer care.
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Although the hotel seemed relatively busy, we were not bothered by sound anywhere in the hotel. The staff was friendly, from front desk to housekeeping, and the breakfast was even more plentiful than I've seen in other locations. The only minor thing about the room was you could tell there had been a leak on the 6th floor at some point in time, as the ceiling tiles in our 5th floor room were bubbled and damaged. However, the room itself (King non-smoking room 506) was spacious and clean with views on the west side of downtown Gainesville.

For those unfamiliar with the area, this hotel is within walking distance of a variety of restaurants, shops, bars, services, and entertainment venues. We even got a map of the area at check-in featuring area attractions and discounts available with our room key.

A bit expensive for the area, but overall a great location and a comfy hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side overlook the city; the east side overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and we hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in the area. Thanks again for the great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I come to Gainesville both for work and study, and this is by far the best hotel in the area. It is also within walking distance to most restaurants downtown Gainesville. I have stayed in this location about 7-8 times and will keep returning.

I usually arrive late afternoon and the staff is always friendly and very helpful. The valet guys are always helpful with luggage. I like to have extra towels in my room and am very particular about cleanliness of the room and the bathroom. I have had some minor housekeeping things happen but every time they were taken care of within minutes. Love that the comforters are changed the same time as the bedding and the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: I like to as for a room on a higher floor facing the street with restaurants on it. It's a prett...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Gainesville Downtown. We are so happy to hear that you have become a regular guest. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again for the review.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown? Share your experiences!