“Big Help” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Lakeland, Florida
“Big Help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

After accidentally booking a room for the day before, the front desk made sure to get me a room for the night and at the same rate....Then offered me a beer and snacks that are complimentary in the lobby in the evenings. The next morning the GM fixed the no show charge on my credit card from the night before and thanked me for my business. The staff here is great, and the location is awesome. There are some great places to eat less then 1 block....and a nice place to smoke a cigar in a shop right downstairs. Best place to stay in Gainesville.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks so much for posting a review about your recent visit to our hotel. I'm glad we were able to assist you with the reservation issue. We look forward to seeing you again real soon. We really appreciate your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
cooper city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful downtown location away from the Archer Road traffic and close to campus and quality restaurants. Near historic area, shops and cultural activities. Safe for a stroll. There is charge for using the parking garage but its minimal.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate you taking time to write a review about your visit to our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed all the wonderful benefits of being in the downtown area. We hope the next time your travels bring you to this area that you'll choose to stay with us. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again real soon!
coral gables, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a quick family trip into Gainesville and the hotel was extremely accomodating and clean. All staff members were pleasant and helpful. It was a nice experience all around. This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Gainesville with restaurants within walking distance. Parking is available nearby as well which is all city owned but hotel has accomodations with the nearby city garage to cover cost under your hotel bill.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit to Gainesville and the downtown area. We hope to see you again real soon!
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a very nice hotel - I stay at the Hampton Inn a lot for business travel - it's where most of our company tends to put their money as well. On a recent personal trip, however, it was a Customer Service nightmare that still hasn't been resolved. First, the parking arrangement is good ONLY if it works. The room keys did not open the garage to get in (which I was told prior may be the case, due to "issues" with the electronics of the card). The lot attendant gave me a parking ticket to get in. Upon check-out at 7:30a the next morning at a very cool and rainy 52 degrees, I gave the front desk my ticket to get "stamped" so I could exit the garage. There was no lot attendant available to open the gate since (surprise) the room key didn't work, and I didn't have my ticket to put in the slot, my only alternative was to pay a lost ticket price of $20 (!) to get the heck out of the garage. The hotel also charged me $6. I called the hotel on Sunday to see what they could help me with but there are routinely NO Managers on duty (apparently never) during the weekend at this hotel (and they could use one). So, no-one had the "authority" to help me or reverse charges. I was directed to call the "garage people" to handle the hotel's parking debacle. Unbelievable. When the front desk says "there's nothing we can do about it" you know you're in trouble. Then, asking the customer to call a garage without even supplying a name or number. I called back a week later- on a Friday - and guess what, no Manager to talk to, but a voice mail. Here we are 2 weeks later and no return call. I asked why there isn't a Manager on duty during the weekend (in Gainesville, a fun and rowdy college town where many come in to see sports, their kids, etc) and I was told that they (I guess the front desk employees) could "handle" everything. But, I'm going to challenge that assumption. I've never written anything negative in all my travels, but this experience irked me beyond me keeping quiet. In the end, I paid $26 for a parking spot from 6p-7:30a. Good work, HI :(

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the issues you had with the parking garage on your recent visit to Gainesville. We don't stamp tickets for the garage, we actually have a call box at the exit which dials the hotel directly and the front desk can lift the gate. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and if you'll contact me directly at the hotel, I'll be happy to help make things right.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hotel was spotless, staff totally on the ball and overall a really great experience in Gainesville for a recent work stop. Front desk staff, including 2 young ladies (can't recall names) and a gentleman names 'Josh' all helped make my life a lot easier. Sounds like a cliche, but was so true. Also, all the hallways, common areas were always spotless. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HISGNV, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Craig,
We really appreciate you posting a review about your recent stay. Our staff works extremely hard to deliver outstanding service to all our guests. We're glad you had a great experience and appreciate you mentioning the team members who were especially helpful during your stay. We will be sure to share your comments with all our team members. Thanks again, and we hope to see you real soon!
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

One of the nicest Hampton Inn's I've ever stayed in! The location is perfect - easy walking distance to many of the best restaurants and bars in Gainesville. I will definitely book here again for future trips!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Hey Amanda,
Thanks so much for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all the wonderful restaurants Downtown has to offer. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Gainesville! Thanks again!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels over the years and this was probably the friendliest, cleanest, considerate, over the top service I have ever experienced The staff employed at this hotel from the front desk clerk, the cleaning service, to the breakfast staff are amazing. Whoever is managing this hotel definitely has my congratulations, because they are doing a super job. We stayed for my sons graduation and would not have changed a thing. The staff at this hotel helped to make our special celebration even more perfect. Also, to add the location of this hotel is in walking distance to wonderful restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are delighted that you had a wonderful visit for your sons graduation! We really appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay with us. We're so happy that we were able to be a part of your special celebration. Thanks again!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown? Share your experiences!