We stayed for one night to tour the college. There were no surprises good or bad. The hotel was exactly what I expected it to be - easy, convenient and within walking distance of a few restaurants downtown. You can park either on the street for free or in the parking garage next door (you get a reduced rate). You need a car to see the school because it is not within walking distance of the campus. It is in downtown Gainesville. There is a Hilton that is more convenient to the campus and I would probably choose to stay at the Hilton next time just to be a little closer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown