The hotel's location is in the heart of old downtown within a short stroll of many restaurants and bars. Although in downtown the traffic is very light so there is no noise problems and the parking is located next door to the hotel, which is very convenient.
Our room was clean and smelled fresh. The staff are very accommodating and friendly.
The hotel had a drinks and nibbles reception on the evening we were there which is a nice touch.
Gainesville downtown area came as a pleasant surprise, and we had a fabulous meal at Mark's Prime Steakhouse - on 2nd Ave, about 50 yards from the hotel.
We would stay here again if we were in the area
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel Gainesville
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Gainesville-Downtown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville Downtown is situated in the heart of Downtown Gainesville's Historic District, and close to the University of Florida and Shands Healthcare. Our well-appointed 124 guestrooms including 27 spacious studio suites featuring the famous Cloud Nine bed, 37" HDTV in guestrooms & 42" HDTV in studio suites, and complimentary: high-speed internet access, "On the House" hot breakfast, local calls... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Gainesville-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.